C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

756 HP at the Dyno!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2003, 10:46 PM
SanDiegoPaul
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 756 HP at the Dyno!

Whoppeeee!

No, darn it was not my new stroker :lol: :jester

We had a Dyno Day event today, mostly small stuff. But there were two items of note: One was a Viper and the other a Nova with a twin-4BBL blown 427. :flag

Of course, the Viper kicked butt. Then we pulled the race car on the Dyno. Strapped it down and I mentioned that the oil pan had a "bit of a drip." :lol: He tells me that the last time down the 1320, the thing launched so hard that the back bumper was draggin' and when he let off of it the oil pan smacked the pavement! :hat

So I proceeded to go to the rear, strapping it down on the Dyno Dynamics machine and yep sure as poop the whole rear was tore up from draggin the ground.

I asked him what HP he was looking for and he said 700. I said "to the flywheel, right??? Remember that we can only test to the rear wheels." His reply was that only 10 passes ago, the BB was on an engine dyno and displayed 850 horses! :cheers: :cool: :cheers:

So up it went, and after the 3500 stall convertor took hold it went right up to 8500 RPM and produced 727HP !!! :yesnod: Now, I have never seen a BB run at the upper end of a SBC RPM range and I was impressed! So he ponies up another roll of cash and sas "run it again, with a touch off the bottle."

OK, now the time came for a real show. "ya wanna uncap the fenderwell headers???"

"Naaa lets' get it done"

So I rolled over a big blower to cool the radiator, fired the motor up and ran it again. With a shot of NOS it only produced 756HP :lol: :lol: at the wheels and then he remembered: He left his wide slicks at home so he could drive it to the Dyno Shop!

His tires were spinning ON THE DYNO beyond 6,000 with the NOS working .... when we shut it down, the whole shop stunk like burning rubber and C12 :cheers: :cool:
Old 01-18-2003, 10:48 PM
QuickVet
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: 756 HP at the Dyno! (SanDiegoPaul)

damn
Old 01-19-2003, 03:10 AM
Desertdawg
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Re: 756 HP at the Dyno! (QuickVet)

We really need to get an ACE trip over to see you this year Paul.

You have about the coolest job around.. :cheers:
Old 01-19-2003, 04:50 AM
'79ProwlerOrange
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 756 HP at the Dyno! (QuickVet)

damn
:iagree: :eek:
Old 01-19-2003, 11:44 AM
SanDiegoPaul
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: 756 HP at the Dyno! ('79ProwlerOrange)

You have about the coolest job around +

thanks! Yea, I guess I could have done worse in my job hunt! I whine every now and again because I'm not making NEAR what I am used to making ... but the job certainly has it's perks! :yesnod:

Get notified of new replies

To 756 HP at the Dyno!

Quick Reply: 756 HP at the Dyno!