C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

interior heat on a 77 L-82

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2003, 08:58 PM
Aflac
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In 5, 6 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Default interior heat on a 77 L-82

I know that you guys are just about savants when it comes to pesky problems, so i will give you guys a shot. When driving my vette in the summer (the only time i drive it) the heat inside the car is dang near ungodly. I have verified that the heater controls are shut off and we even have a hearter ball shutoff valve closed and we still get boiled out. Before i go into this blindly and tear the dash apart, is there some quick and easy thing i can look at and verify before i tear into it? i am mechanically inclined (shoot your gov't has trusted me to work on your stealth bombers for the past 9 years). Any inputs and idea would be welcomed and appreciated.
Old 01-18-2003, 09:28 PM
jroyse
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: interior heat on a 77 L-82 (Aflac)

put shut off valves in BOTH heater lines, make sure the foam sealer pad in ok over the transmission, and switch outboard exhaust. there is also a heat shield available for over the trans (under the carpet)
Or just go drive fast.
Old 01-19-2003, 08:20 AM
hunt4cleanair
Safety Car

Received 716 Likes on 464 Posts

Default Re: interior heat on a 77 L-82 (Aflac)

Michael Davis wrote a book on methods to address the problem you're describing. It's all about C3s, the engineering and flaws of the system. It's really a good read and offers workable solutions.
Old 01-19-2003, 09:54 AM
Bobchad
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: interior heat on a 77 L-82 (hunt4cleanair)

Take a look here. It is a conglomeration of stuff from Davis' book, Internet information and my own experiences.
http://home.attbi.com/~jchadwick/ventilation.htm

Get notified of new replies

To interior heat on a 77 L-82

Quick Reply: interior heat on a 77 L-82