C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT1 - Converting to EFI from Carb

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2003, 07:20 PM
Langadorf
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 - Converting to EFI from Carb

I'm currently running an LT1 (modern) w/ a carbureted intake in my '79 vette. I'm looking to possibly convert over to a full EFI system. What am I looking at to convert? What sensors will I need to add at a minimum? Since I'm starting from scratch, are there certain performance parts (upgraded intake, injectors, etc.) I should install while I'm at it? You can see my current engine specs in my sig. I already have updated corvette accessories (alternator, electric WP, power steering) and I have no A/C. Any idea of what cost I'd be looking at to do this?

I know vettedan did this conversion, but his website doesn't list many specifics. Also, my motor is very far from stock, so I think it might be a little different also.
Old 01-17-2003, 07:59 PM
PatsLs1vette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: LT1 - Converting to EFI from Carb (Langadorf)

since your going the lt1 route already id say look for a lt4 intake ,youll need to get a prom made for it also,i got mine from-=jeff=- here on the forum for 150 shipped to the house,if you need his email ,email me ill give it you.
Old 01-22-2003, 03:27 AM
Langadorf
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: LT1 - Converting to EFI from Carb (patsnitrovette)

Any idea how much an lt1 intake w/ computer and sensors would run? Aren't the lt4s different from the lt1s? I think the head/intake angles are different. Are there aftermarket setups for an lt1?
Old 01-22-2003, 07:17 AM
PatsLs1vette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: LT1 - Converting to EFI from Carb (Langadorf)

Check your local junkyards they have them in there all the time i picked up 2 from a caprice police car for my brother for 100 each motor,complete.Ebay has them too.

Get notified of new replies

To LT1 - Converting to EFI from Carb

Quick Reply: LT1 - Converting to EFI from Carb