C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Barrett Jackson (and other) auction(s)

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2003, 12:40 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Barrett Jackson (and other) auction(s)

BJ auction already started Thursday! I wonder how much coverage will be on Speed.. I love watching it! Also isn't there another auction this weekend that will include some corvettes from the MAD collection? :) MJ
Old 01-17-2003, 01:02 PM
Stewart's74
Safety Car

Received 42 Likes on 21 Posts

Default Re: Barrett Jackson (MNJack)

I just went and checked on Speed. Nothing but old Nascar crap all afternoon.
They just dont get it.
OK, just checked their web site, Today: 6-11 Tomorrow 4-9

[Modified by Stewart's74, 1:05 PM 1/17/2003]
Old 01-17-2003, 02:06 PM
71roadster
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My step dad registered as a buyer just so he could get in to all the special shindigs. Cost him about $300 to do it. Says all the events are full of young honeys on the prowl! Wish I could be there. Scottsdale definitely has a lot of women looking to find Mr moneybags. Of course it aint me, but its nice to look. I went with him when he went to get his photo taken for his ID and one of the women there let us prowl around the warehouse unattended for a bit. I figured it was my only chance so I hopped into a 60's era full race Ferrari GT250 or some such. Not very comfortable at all with an all aluminum seat. Then I got caught by the manager sitting in the BJ Viper. I got the evil eye for that. We talked to him for a bit about some of the cars. I don't know yet what they end up going for, but he sure sounded like used car sales guy when he was quoting estimated values. A lot of street rods get sold at BJ, and there is a definite glut of nice street rods for sale so I highly doubt they go for anywhere near what he was saying. The coolest car there was an original Ford GT 40 setup for the street with left and right seats rather than a center seat. He said it was all original but it looked like a definite repaint to me. Still a very cool car tho. I can't imagine dropping so much money on a car that you don't even get to test drive first.

Chris
Old 01-17-2003, 04:29 PM
69er
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Mark
Kruse International runs an auction at the Atlantic City Classic Car show at the convention center next month.
Do you or anyone else plan on attending?

http://www.acclassiccars.com/

[Modified by 69er, 4:31 PM 1/17/2003]

Get notified of new replies

To Barrett Jackson (and other) auction(s)

Quick Reply: Barrett Jackson (and other) auction(s)