C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Grundy or Hagarty????

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2003, 04:43 PM
LT1driver
Le Mans Master

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Default Grundy or Hagarty????

Got quotes, Grundy $30 cheaper, any pro-cons to either, do not plan to drive car for several months, it will just be stored. Help!!
Old 01-16-2003, 04:51 PM
MasterDave

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Default Re: Grundy or Hagarty???? (LT1driver)

Both are good. I'm with Hagarty and am happy so far. Get insurance before someone steals or strips it. :yesnod:
Old 01-16-2003, 04:59 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Received 83 Likes on 58 Posts
Cruise-In IV-V-VI-VII-VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03, '06, '17

I have Hagerty.. and jut got into an accident.. They handled everything quick and to my full satisfaction...

:cheers:

Olivier
Old 01-16-2003, 04:59 PM
Tom73
Race Director

Received 470 Likes on 279 Posts

Default Re: Grundy or Hagarty???? (MasterDave)

Both are good. I'm with Hagarty and am happy so far. Get insurance before someone steals or strips it. :yesnod:
:iagree: Hagerty here too :yesnod:

tom...
Old 01-16-2003, 05:03 PM
tshort
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 7-8 Veteran

Default Re: Grundy or Hagarty???? (GrandSportC3)

Olivier - why did you have to go thru your insurance? Aren't you speaking of the Duntov? I thought it would totally weigh on the shoulders of the dumbbutt that ran into you.

BTW, I have Hagerty also and haven't had any complaints.

[Modified by tshort, 4:04 PM 1/16/2003]
Old 01-16-2003, 06:43 PM
battsup
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OOOOOOOOOOOh, i thought this was a question about some archie comics :lol: :lol: turns out its insurance :lol:
Old 01-16-2003, 06:46 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Default Re: Grundy or Hagarty???? (tshort)

Olivier - why did you have to go thru your insurance? Aren't you speaking of the Duntov? I thought it would totally weigh on the shoulders of the dumbbutt that ran into you.

BTW, I have Hagerty also and haven't had any complaints.
The way this is handled is that my insurance is going to pay me and then go and get the money from the other guys insuracnce company... That's the way it works with any insurance company if you have full coverage...

Olivier
Old 01-16-2003, 07:14 PM
sb69coupe
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Grundy or Hagarty???? (GrandSportC3)

The way this is handled is that my insurance is going to pay me and then go and get the money from the other guys insuracnce company... That's the way it works with any insurance company if you have full coverage...
This must me some kind of Florida thing, because EVERY claim I have had when another driver was at fault has been handled directly with the other drivers insurance company.

Or perhaps it has to do with the Agreed Value policy? I'm not sure if Hagerty has to make up the difference between what the "book" value of the car is and the agreed value you are insured for.......

Shannon
Old 01-16-2003, 07:51 PM
bn7035
Racer

A good insurance company will take care of you. I'm glad to hear about Oliver's insurance cause mine is with them also. If you have a lazy agent he sends you to deal with the other guys company. If you have full coverage you are paying your company to handle the claim reguardless of fault. They pay the claim and if it is the other guys fault the insurnace company deals with him or his insurnace company. I do not want the hassles of dealing with another company who's only interest is getting out cheap. Just like when your agent tells you that they need a Police report. Hey! I'm paying you to make thing back like they were before the accident....Mr. Insurance Agent get of you rear and you go get that report, I don't work for you. It ain't a Florida thang, it a lazy agent thang :rant:
Old 01-16-2003, 08:02 PM
OHSIXX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts
2021 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified 2020
C2 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
St. Jude Donor 03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Default Re: Grundy or Hagarty???? (bn7035)

I am getting Hagerty!
Old 01-16-2003, 08:11 PM
Crash Dummy
Safety Car

St. Jude Contributor
Default Re: Grundy or Hagarty???? (bn7035)

So far I have to say that Hagerty is first class. I e-mailed them pix of the car... we agreed on full replacement value... and they immediately covered the car even though they had not recieved payment yet. I'm sure they did a background check into me & my driving record before they ever called me, but really nice people to deal with.

And... so far they have not cancelled the policy even though I let them know that I was going from 195HP to 427HP and the drag strip was in the future.

Well.... so far. :lol:

They were going to put it in front of a board to make a determination. Very nice to deal with in this situation too.
Old 01-16-2003, 08:29 PM
Rolling Thunder
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03

Default Re: Grundy or Hagarty???? (bgrice)

And... so far they have not cancelled the policy even though I let them know that I was going from 195HP to 427HP and the drag strip was in the future.

Well.... so far. :lol:
Ditto here. They did explain however, that the coverage ceases when you roll onto the track.

BTW, I believe Hagerty was recently bought out by Allstate, but they supposedly are not going to change the policy or plan. It will allow local Allstate agents to write Hagerty coverage.
Old 01-16-2003, 08:33 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Default Re: Grundy or Hagarty???? (sb69coupe)

This must me some kind of Florida thing, because EVERY claim I have had when another driver was at fault has been handled directly with the other drivers insurance company.

Or perhaps it has to do with the Agreed Value policy? I'm not sure if Hagerty has to make up the difference between what the "book" value of the car is and the agreed value you are insured for.......

Shannon
It might depend on your insurance carrier... I know that - if you only have liability - the insurance company won't do anything if it's the other guys fault.. but if you got full coverage - they will take care of it... Don't know if that's a Florida law or not...

Olivier
Old 01-16-2003, 10:56 PM
moskovita
Racer

I have grundy insurance and they've treated me well.
I gave them $223 for the year, no deductable agreed value $15,000, unlimited miles.

My Vette was stolen recently and they agreed to give me my "agreed value" of $15,000 at the end of the 30 day period.

My Vette was recovered, so they paid me the repair adjustment of $4,243 dollars.

I'm sure the other insurance co are good but I'm happy with Grundy

[Modified by moskovita, 7:57 PM 1/16/2003]
Old 01-16-2003, 11:17 PM
WillRace4Food
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Re: Grundy or Hagarty???? (moskovita)

Be carefull when you apply guys. I put on there rairly raced about 2 times a year at the dragstrip. They refused to insure me. I guess I shoud have lied. I know that on the strip the car is in my own hands. I may try the other place or in a couple months reapply and say it is no longer raced ever. Freaking crazy stuff.

Tim
Old 01-17-2003, 07:58 AM
Tom73
Race Director

Received 470 Likes on 279 Posts

Default Re: Grundy or Hagarty???? (Rolling Thunder)

BTW, I believe Hagerty was recently bought out by Allstate, but they supposedly are not going to change the policy or plan. It will allow local Allstate agents to write Hagerty coverage.
Hagerty is just an agent, not an insurance company. My Hagerty policy is underwritten by Great Falls Insurance Company which is a part of CNA. I don't think Allstate would be interested in buying out an agent. Maybe Allstate is doing something with CNA but I have not heard anything about it.

tom...
Old 01-17-2003, 09:13 AM
no_radio
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Grundy or Hagarty???? (Tom73)

I have had Hagerty for a few years now, I think they're great!
They insured my project for the full value nearly a year before it was finished.
They offered an increase in value when I finished the car.
And I just had my first claim, unfortunately for the car...
They cut me a check the same day I emailed them the estimate and pictures, no questions asked.
They'll continue to be my insurance company for sure.
Jeff

Get notified of new replies

To Grundy or Hagarty????

Quick Reply: Grundy or Hagarty????