C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who wants to let be borrow their mirrors? :D

Old 01-15-2003, 02:36 PM
'79ProwlerOrange
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who wants to let be borrow their mirrors? :D

I wanta set of regualr chrom mirrors because i dont have mine on right now. thiere is still some painting that needs to be done and we wont be shooting until it gets warmer here. so if you have a set your not using, maybe just laying arround in the garage, or old mirrors you have replaced etc... can i borrow them? of course i would pay shipping from and back. thanks! :seeya
Old 01-15-2003, 05:37 PM
79yellowlt1
Advanced

Default Re: Who wants to let be borrow their mirrors? :D ('79ProwlerOrange)

Hey 79,

I don't have any extra mirrors, but I have some questions about your ground effects kit. I've been thinking of going with them instead of the stock rockers. Do you like them and were they a bitch to install? Who did you get them from? Ive seen them from several suppliers, including vanacors, and don't know who has the best ones. I have an 80 rear bumper on my 79, so it would have to be odered as different parts and not a set.

Mark
Old 01-15-2003, 06:33 PM
'79ProwlerOrange
Safety Car

Default Re: Who wants to let be borrow their mirrors? :D (79yellowlt1)

I love the ground effects. they make the car look lower, so it dosent have that "Off-road" look it used to. :lol: i bought mine from a local vette shop and they are made by ACL (?) fiberglass. im almost sure vanacors is who made them. they were a little over $600. when i bought them i thought i was going to keep the '79 bumper so the rears were a PITA. we has to cut and legenthen them in 2 spots to make them fit the 80s rear bumper, but they are a great fit. the sides were pretty easy. we had to cut a little and build a little but this is normal with fiberglass parts.

make sure you want to do this before you do. you have to drill a fairly large bolt hole twords the back of the side skirt. it dosent show at all, but its pretty irreverseable. the front pace spoiler fits perfect with the kit as it is just as low as the side skirts. if i wasnt in a hurry to get the vette done, i would have molded the kit into the body, but that would have taken months. i still may later down the road. :cheers: good luck in deciding, i love mine.
Old 01-15-2003, 08:01 PM
LAvetteman
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Contributor

I have a spare mirror, but no extra mounts.
Old 01-15-2003, 08:20 PM
'79ProwlerOrange
Safety Car

Default Re: Who wants to let be borrow their mirrors? :D (71,454,4spd)

driver or passenger side? i could proabably use the mounts from my sport mirrors.
Old 01-15-2003, 08:32 PM
Pete79L82
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chrome mirrors mount completely different from the sport mirrors. Also the holes are in a different location so you would have to drill new holes to mount chrome mirrors. Not sure if the sport mirrors would cover the new holes.
Old 01-15-2003, 08:59 PM
'79ProwlerOrange
Safety Car

Default Re: Who wants to let be borrow their mirrors? :D (Pete79L82)

are you sure? i know GM offered sport and chrome in 79, and i wouldnt think GM would want to use diffrent styles of mounting, thats not cost effective. does anyone have pics of an un mounted chrome one so i can roughly see if it would work? i know there were 2 diffrent styles of chrome mirror, maybe this has something to do with it?
Old 01-15-2003, 09:29 PM
L48Shark
Burning Brakes

Location: If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it is in English, thank a veteran.
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

driver or passenger side? i could proabably use the mounts from my sport mirrors.
Does that mean you have a pair of sport mirrors you are not going to use? If so, I would be interested in buying them. I have a chrome side mirror on the driver's side only, but I want to install dual sport mirrors.
Old 01-15-2003, 09:34 PM
Pete79L82
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

are you sure? i know GM offered sport and chrome in 79, and i wouldnt think GM would want to use diffrent styles of mounting, thats not cost effective. does anyone have pics of an un mounted chrome one so i can roughly see if it would work? i know there were 2 diffrent styles of chrome mirror, maybe this has something to do with it?

A non-believer! [gringo voice] I hate that when that happens [/gringo voice] :lol:

This is how a chrome mirror mounts:

.375" holes on 1.75" centers using a bracket and well nuts.

This is how a sport mirror mounts:

.312" holes on 2.79" centers using studs in the base of the mirror.

[Modified by Pete79L82, 9:05 PM 1/15/2003]
Old 01-15-2003, 10:22 PM
'79ProwlerOrange
Safety Car

Default Re: Who wants to let be borrow their mirrors? :D (Pete79L82)

Yea your right pete. but i learned a long time ago not to trust everything on the internet.. :confused: :lolg: Thanks for the help though! saved me from a fairly costly mistake.:cheers:

so nevermind i guess. :(
oh, no my sports arent for sale. i still need them but there are small blemishes in the paint i wanted to fix before mountaing them, and while it may not be snowing here, the temp is constantly dropping into the teens, and without a heated paint booth were pretty much stuck. i just wanted to throw some chromes on there to be "Legal" while i drive :lol: but i guess if i do get pulled over it would be for my "Muffler Delete" option. :lolg:

Get notified of new replies

To Who wants to let be borrow their mirrors? :D

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Who wants to let be borrow their mirrors? :D