C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Survey of those of you who purchased 15" Pirelli Scorpion Tires for your C3s...

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2003, 11:51 AM
PartTimeGenius
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Survey of those of you who purchased 15" Pirelli Scorpion Tires for your C3s...

(Mod's, please don't move to "Tires" - this pertains to C3 owners and I'm seeking their opinions alone).
As most of you know, the variety of 15" performance tires has dwindled and what's available is limited to smaller sizes (225/60/15 - 235/60/15) or left over Comp T/As (no longer replaceable). By performance tire, I mean above H rating and having better compounds, and I'd prefer a minimum size of 255/60/15.
Here's what I really want to know (finally!) Several months ago, some of you purchased 15" Pirelli Scorpions because they were V or Z rated, despite being a truck tire. I'd appreciate your honest appraisal of these tires for cornering, wear, sound, appearance. If you think it was a mistake to buy them, I'd like to know that as well. People on this Forum are generally honest about things they liked or didn't like, so please give me the same consideration in your answer.
Thanks!
Old 01-15-2003, 12:17 PM
zwede
Race Director

Received 333 Likes on 255 Posts

Default Re: Survey of those of you who purchased 15" Pirelli Scorpion Tires for your C3s... (PartTimeGenius)

I bought these a few years ago when I was still running 15" rims. I hated the way they looked. Friends referred to my car as the "4x4". I sold them to a guy at work who drove a dodge dakota.

I went with 17" rims and don't regret it for a second. Just my honest opinion and no insult intended towards anyone who is currently running these tires.
Old 01-15-2003, 12:39 PM
klasik69
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Survey of those of you who purchased 15" Pirelli Scorpion Tires for your C3s... (zwede)

I tried to find 17" rallye wheels and could only find 16x8. When I say rallye wheels, I mean the same style that GM produced on their muscle cars in 14 and 15" sizes. I've some refer to chromed/alloy spoked wheels as rallye wheels. Educate me !! :confused:
Old 01-15-2003, 12:46 PM
rainman69
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Survey of those of you who purchased 15" Pirelli Scorpion Tires for your C3s... (klasik69)

I like the agressive tread pattern, but yes, from the side the deep mud grips are :U. IMO, I won't be buying them again, but they're not bad.
Old 01-15-2003, 01:55 PM
zwede
Race Director

Received 333 Likes on 255 Posts

Default Re: Survey of those of you who purchased 15" Pirelli Scorpion Tires for your C3s... (klasik69)

I tried to find 17" rallye wheels and could only find 16x8. When I say rallye wheels, I mean the same style that GM produced on their muscle cars in 14 and 15" sizes. I've some refer to chromed/alloy spoked wheels as rallye wheels. Educate me !! :confused:
You can get steel rallies in upto 17" from Wheel Vintiques. Summit carries them. WV also makes billet rallies upto 18".

Get notified of new replies

To Survey of those of you who purchased 15" Pirelli Scorpion Tires for your C3s...

Quick Reply: Survey of those of you who purchased 15" Pirelli Scorpion Tires for your C3s...