C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

upper radiator hose advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2003, 08:38 AM
magicv8
Le Mans Master

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Default upper radiator hose advice needed

I have a 66 BB car with an SB and custom radiator hoses to reach the BB radiator that has an upper outlet like C3s ( has a 90degree turn to the right as it exits the LH corner odf the radiator).

At a car show last summer I noticed several C3s had similar set ups, and later year C3s had a pad on the alternator bracket to prevent wear on the bottom of the upper radiator hose. I have the same problem. :sad:

Is there a molded hose that has a curve to jump the alternator bracket - or is at least straight. I bought onr for a 76, which will fit, but has the wrong curve at the alternator bracket. It seems to dive into the bracket then bounce up to the engine outlet. :confused: :crazy: :sad:
Old 01-15-2003, 08:42 AM
magicv8
Le Mans Master

Default Re: upper radiator hose advice needed (magicv8)

I would also appreciate the dimension from the radiator tank above the inlet to the end of the hose on the engine outlet.
Old 01-15-2003, 09:52 AM
Love My 72 and 77
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: upper radiator hose advice needed (magicv8)

this is what I have on my car it doesnt touch the alternator I had to cut about 2 inches out of this hose because it was too long. Don't buy from Ecklers! http://www.ecklers.com/product.asp?p...N0SM2EP3QRF6G8
<p><center><A href="http://imagehost.auctionwatch.com/bin/viewimage.x/00000000/robbiesworld/hose.jpg"><font size=1>
Click image to view larger version</font></A></center>
<center>[color=#000000]Low cost image hosting and simple one page listing form: AuctionWatch </font></center>

[Modified by Love My 72 and 77, 2:54 PM 1/15/2003]
Old 01-15-2003, 09:00 PM
magicv8
Le Mans Master

Default Re: upper radiator hose advice needed (Ed T)

Unfortunately - no:nonod: . Everything from the engine to within 3 inches of the radiator is fine - but my new radiator inlet enters the radiator in the LH corner but is a 90degree elbow that points to the right (across the raditor). the hose has to end in a 90 degree left turn to mate with the inlet.

Thanks for trying.
:rolleyes:
Old 01-15-2003, 09:12 PM
magicv8
Le Mans Master

Default Re: upper radiator hose advice needed (Love My 72 and 77)

LM72&77 - That may work. I'll have to find one locally to measure it and see if it will span the gap. Any chance you can measure the hose from end to end on the car? :sad:

Get notified of new replies

To upper radiator hose advice needed

Quick Reply: upper radiator hose advice needed