C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for "Turbo-Jet"

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2003, 12:25 AM
74FLCONV
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for "Turbo-Jet"

I couldn't help but notice the pics of your car...it appears the paint/bodywork is not only flawless, but, for the lack of a better word, "super-flawless". I have viewed many paint jobs on this forum, but there is something different about yours...can't quite put my finger on it.

What prep/paint work was done to your vehicle? I will absolutely show my paint guy your pics and instruct him "Like this, or I ain't paying"!

D. Ocean
Miami, FLA
Old 01-15-2003, 05:23 AM
Turbo-Jet
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Question for "Turbo-Jet" (74FLCONV)

Well thanks for the complements! :cheers: I deserve no credit as this paint job was done by the previous owner, I’m guessing 10 years ago. In fact the photo is rather flattering because there are several flaws and chips in the paint and body. The bonding seam on the left-rear fender panel is showing waves, and there are some patches of small surface cracking on the t-tops. And my hood has tiny pimples all over. It was painted at a different time, and the flaws were likely due to water in the air lines. I am probably over-critical considering I’ve spend 100's or hours staring at every feature, but it is definitely far from show perfect.

The reason for the sharp looking photo is due to 6 coats of Zaino and good lighting. Plus Targa-Blue is a med-dark metallic, which photographs very well. The base-clear finish also really helps.

Good luck with your project. I have more and larger 1024x768 images if you want. :cool:

Quick Reply: Question for "Turbo-Jet"