C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When You Are On the Road

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2003, 08:10 PM
OHSIXX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts
2021 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified 2020
C2 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
St. Jude Donor 03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Default When You Are On the Road

Does it seem like everyone is just dying to pass you because you are driving a Vette? Around here no one can stand to behind me even when I am exceeding the speed limited.
:confused:
Old 01-14-2003, 08:14 PM
The Money Pit
Melting Slicks

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

Default Re: When You Are On the Road (OHSIXX)

The sad thing is they think they can out run ya! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
You see the curve in the road on my sig. I slowly coaks them to follow through the turns a little faster each turn,till I see them skid off into the shoulder into the weeds.Kinda makes me chuckle.

[Modified by The Money Pit, 1:17 AM 1/15/2003]
Old 01-14-2003, 08:15 PM
82dukman
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sometimes. I seem to get the ricers next to me at the lights revving up their fart pipes trying to race off the line :rolleyes:
Old 01-14-2003, 09:33 PM
74FLCONV
Melting Slicks

Default Re: When You Are On the Road (82dukman)

I find a lot of people pull up extra close at stoplights. Not sure if they are "closer than they actually appear" or if they are really pulling closer to get a good look at the vehicle.

I love stopping at lights next to ricer's when they have their girlfriend in the pass. seat. It's great to see the ricer glaring at his girlfriend while she is checking out my car...(most likely wishing her DS, backwards hat-wearing, fake bling-bling sporting, Artist Formerly Known as Prince mustached boyfriend had a Vette instead)! :lolg:

D. Ocean
Miami, FLA
Old 01-14-2003, 09:42 PM
Preacher
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Default Re: When You Are On the Road (74FLCONV)

I find a lot of people pull up extra close at stoplights. Not sure if they are "closer than they actually appear" or if they are really pulling closer to get a good look at the vehicle.
Amen! I had some scumbag in a beat-to-hell old ford truck come screaming up behind me, locks his brakes and slides to a stop about a foot back.... then starts inching forward... I was nervous to say the least.

The light turns, I get the heck out of dodge, accelerate quickly and then change lanes. This idiot races by, cuts me off and slamms on his brakes!

I have never seen this idiot before in my life so I know it was just an azzhole. He rides ahead of me in short jerks, hitting his exhaust so his truck backfires.

I tried to motion this jerk to pull over so I could expalin the facts of life to him, but he roared off and I wasn't about to risk the Vette giving chase.

I would love to meet this scumbag on the street when he is not behind the wheel... :mad
Old 01-14-2003, 10:05 PM
SCVetteGuy
Racer

Default Re: When You Are On the Road (Preacher)

Things are pretty normal around here when I drive my vette. My vette isn't that great looking, so that may be why. I've only had one guy try to race me in a 5.slow, and he stopped once he reached the speed limit. Although, I do get the occasional person to stare!!!
Old 01-14-2003, 10:08 PM
AlwaysWave
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In III Veteran

I've run across some occasions where I swear, they slowed down just so they can watch me pass.
Old 01-14-2003, 10:11 PM
HcDave1
Racer

Default Re: When You Are On the Road

everyday, I go to school so there is like 1,000z of cars in the parking lot and i bet i get reved on 20 times before i can even find a parking spot. everytime i see a rice car comming up im all here we go again. I always think to my self "just because its loud doesnt mean its fast" more rice's forget that. It kinda gets me in a better mood when people try to mess with me in the vette... they wish they had one. In my area there is a bunch of ****** in there BMW's and such who drive all fast weaving in and out of cars, I love to just give him a your stupid look as i pass him in my busted butt 350. The girl still gets up and goes after 25 years on the stock engine. But it happens daily, like they got something to prove... CORVETTE rules

RICE BURNERS = :U

:steering:
Old 01-14-2003, 10:15 PM
74FLCONV
Melting Slicks

Default Re: When You Are On the Road (Preacher)

Amen! I had some scumbag in a beat-to-hell old ford truck come screaming up behind me, locks his brakes and slides to a stop about a foot back.... then starts inching forward...This idiot races by, cuts me off and slamms on his brakes! He rides ahead of me in short jerks, hitting his exhaust so his truck backfires.
I sometimes get the "jealous" types. This past weekend it was a loser on a Harley. He stops next to me and starts revving his mass-produced, store-bought, store-painted one-of-a-kind (times 40) bike. Me, in the next lane, starts doing the drag-strip staging prep dance (I never race, just let them take off like an idiot at the green and then I pull away normally).

Anyway, he stops revving long enough to say (as if pissed off) "I can beat you...I know because I have two of those at home". Then he takes off through the red light! Me and my buddy couldn't stop laughing at this poseur tough-guy wanna-be cry-baby. :lolg:

D. Ocean
Miami, FLA

[Modified by 74FLCONV, 10:16 PM 1/14/2003]
Old 01-15-2003, 12:05 AM
Smokehouse69
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Yeah, it seems like everybody wants to race, eveb Mama in her mini-van. I had one tailing me so close yesterday I could see her double chin. This was about 10 miles over the speed limit and she was determined to pass me, we were both in the slow (left) lane of a very congested 5 lane road. Finally she go an opportunity to whip past me and then back in front of me, just to immeadiately put on her brakes to turn on to a side road.
Why?
Old 01-15-2003, 12:14 AM
74FLCONV
Melting Slicks

Default Re: When You Are On the Road (Smokehouse69)

In-a-Hurry "soccer moms" in Expeditions/mini-vans/Explorers (do they drive anything else?) should be shot....unless they're hot, then they should be bent over your fender and made to squeal...then shot.

D. Ocean
Miami, FLA
Old 01-15-2003, 08:32 AM
Avette4me
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In VIII Veteran

Default Re: When You Are On the Road (OHSIXX) - a diiferent perspective

As a relatively new Vette owner, one of the things that really surprised me is the attention that America’s sports car brings. On a very much smaller scale, it seems similar to what the famous deal with. When I stop for gas on a long road trip someone always has to look and comment, without fail. Hell I even had an old gal about 80 years old tell me she and her husband had one and how she missed it. I often get the wave, thumbs up, young people hanging out of windows (really) from people that are driving by in non-Vettes.

Maybe it’s something we just have to get used to (barring the a-holes like the truck boy). I was just really surprised and I guess, happily so. It’s kinda nice to be doing something that others would obviously like to be doing – cruising in America’s sports car! :reddevil

Just my two cents.
Old 01-15-2003, 09:05 AM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts

Default Re: When You Are On the Road (74FLCONV)

Not really cause they can't catch me.....Seriously what I hate is people pulling right up on my azz so close that it REALLY PiZZES me off
Old 01-15-2003, 09:12 AM
BB wowbagger
Melting Slicks

Default Re: When You Are On the Road (OHSIXX) - a diiferent perspective (Avette4me)

Well,thats the price we have to pay,owning the best looking car ever built.. :cheers: :cheers: :lol:
Old 01-15-2003, 11:04 AM
Robert N
Melting Slicks

Default Re: When You Are On the Road (BB wowbagger)

We have several roads that narrow from 2 lanes to one, or 3 to 2 just aftter a light. Most of the jerks use the lane that ends to pass, especially whent he main traffic lane is quite backed up at the red light. They always TRY to be first. Its about the only time the vette "races".

Of course I slow done to 5 under the speed limit afterwards just to **** them off... :lol:
Old 01-15-2003, 11:09 AM
davs79
Racer

everyone thinks that if you own a vette you should be drive it ***** out (flat open) all the time. i try to keep it within the speed limit most of the times, around here the local cops will be more likely to over a vette before that mini van on my butt.
Old 01-15-2003, 11:41 AM
page62
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At first I thought so, but after driving my Vette a while I realized it doesn't matter what you drive around here. Driving in this town has reached the NASCAR stage.

It's non-stop slam-bam thank-you-ma'am rock-'em sock'em action! And that's just Sunday morning... :lolg:

Get notified of new replies

To When You Are On the Road

Old 01-15-2003, 12:19 PM
verskel
Safety Car

Default Re: When You Are On the Road (page62)

At first I thought so, but after driving my Vette a while I realized it doesn't matter what you drive around here. Driving in this town has reached the NASCAR stage.

It's non-stop slam-bam thank-you-ma'am rock-'em sock'em action! And that's just Sunday morning... :lolg:
:iagree: ..... :sad: but TRUE ! :lolg:
Old 01-15-2003, 01:09 PM
72GACRZR
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

About once a month, I get the chance to drive mine around for an hour or more and I go out on an expressway to run 15 miles down to the next town and back to get up to 70-75 mph, everything else out there passes me like I am sitting still and the limit is 65. :crazy: But like it was said above, I know me and the vette will get pulled over if anyone dose, so I try to stay behind them.

At the lights when they challenge me, if the way looks clear, I jump off without tire spin and accelerate hard to the speed limit and level there and let them go. In other words, I beat them to the limit. :lol: :lol:
Old 01-15-2003, 01:09 PM
adamdinat
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I have not run into this yet. I have not had the car long enough to do any prime time summer cruising. I also hate traffic and stick to back road most of the time. As far as the highway goes it does not matter what you drive. While you try and keep the cop magnet in line with the rest of the traffic some nut in a compact will blow past you. I had a broken speedo cable for a while and thought I was really getting old. Upon installing a new cable I was surpised to see how fast traffic was really going.

Quick Reply: When You Are On the Road