C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turbo Guys - Wiggin's Clamps

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2003, 11:09 AM
Monty
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Turbo Guys - Wiggin's Clamps

Funny name, trick product... I've seen these a few times on some NMCA-NSCA racecars and have been trying to find out where to get them. Burn's Stainless is carrying them now. I just ordered some for my radiator plumbing, and compressor to intercooler tubing.

http://www.burnsstainless.com/Hardwa...insclamps.html
Old 01-14-2003, 11:14 AM
Twin_Turbo
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Re: Turbo Guys - Wiggin's Clamps (Monty)

Awesome :) Those look like real nice pieces.
Are you going to replace all the samco hoses with this?

Marck

[Modified by Twin_Turbo, 11:49 AM 1/14/2003]
Old 01-14-2003, 11:59 AM
Monty
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Turbo Guys - Wiggin's Clamps (Twin_Turbo)

I'm just going to use them for the radiator pipes I made, and I'm going to use it at the intercooler connection for the compressor pipes. My intercooler pipe to the throttle body is a 4" oval, not round, so I can't use these there, and I'm not going to weld the fitting to the compressor housing, so I'll keep the silicon coupling there as well..

I don't really care for the pink anodizing though, so I'm going to remove it and polish them.

[Modified by Monty, 11:04 AM 1/14/2003]
Old 01-14-2003, 12:07 PM
Twin_Turbo
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

yeah, the pink anodizing isn't quite my taste either. Maybe they have it in blue or something.

I was looking through the speedway motors website and they have all kind of pink anodized stuff too, is that the latest trend or something? :U
Old 01-14-2003, 12:21 PM
Monty
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Turbo Guys - Wiggin's Clamps (Twin_Turbo)

I don't know, I've seen it on a handful of cars over the last few months. Personally, I think the XRP Hypalon nomex or Aeroquip Starlite nomex covered hoses and black AN fittings are the coolest. Eventually, I'm going to buy the crimping tool and replace all my lines and fittings. The nomex/kevlar covered hose is almost as wear resistant as the braided line, but is inherently more heat and fire resistant with out the use of Firesleeve, and it is much lighter than the braided stuff.
Old 01-14-2003, 01:22 PM
442olds
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wiggins clamps are really nice, expensive and leak free if you can put them together right. We had one on our FSAE car and it was always a bitch to put back together if we had to remove that water line. Be very very careful while sliding the tubes into the sleeve, you can cut up the oring very quickly if you aren't careful.

Get notified of new replies

To Turbo Guys - Wiggin's Clamps

Quick Reply: Turbo Guys - Wiggin's Clamps