C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

low fuel light repair

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2003, 09:35 PM
homers3
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default low fuel light repair

has anyone tried to repair the low fuel light circuit board (as on a 81)? Does the light come on for a few seconds when the key is turned to on, then go out? Is this board available anywhere? :confused:
Old 01-13-2003, 10:05 PM
Twin_Turbo
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Re: low fuel light repair (homers3)

The light does not come on when you turn the key, it will burn brighter as the needle comes closer to E

I replaced mine with a used one from ZIP. It was extremely hard to find and expensive too.

Marck
Old 01-14-2003, 01:07 AM
SizzleChest
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: low fuel light repair (homers3)

i paid $40 for a used one and have no clue whether it works or not cuz i'm too chicken to let it get down low enough. the problem could also be a break in the circuitry to which the board attaches to.
Old 01-14-2003, 02:25 AM
RC81
Pro

Received 163 Likes on 92 Posts

Default Re: low fuel light repair (SizzleChest)

I tried to repair mine and messed it up. Ended up buying one from a Forum member that worked great. They should not light when the car is started (unless the tank is low). They begin lighting up when your down to a couple gallons left then get brighter as you run lower. That was my problem - always on. There is a schematic on it on the L81 forum showing how to repair it.
Old 01-14-2003, 07:43 AM
Frankenvette
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Re: low fuel light repair (RC81)

I repaired mine. The circuit board had a very small break in it. Probably from old age. Anyway, I borrowed my neighbors soldering iron and repaired the circuit. Tested it for continuity and ran the gas down low to see if it would illuminate. Mine does not come on until I'm darn near on empty.

Get notified of new replies

To low fuel light repair

Quick Reply: low fuel light repair