C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SERVICE MANUALS

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2003, 11:10 AM
klasik69
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SERVICE MANUALS

Does anyone know of a good service manual for 69 Vette. I've got a GM service manual which covers the Vette as well as other (Chevelle, Nova, Etc) and it's pretty poor. When looking up how to take something apart, it says "take it apart". I don't need a manual for that. I also have one of those generic publications that covers all Vettes from 63 to 82, and it also covers nothing. Help me ! :smash:
Old 01-13-2003, 03:58 PM
Larry B.
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: SERVICE MANUALS (klasik69)

You could try the chassis overhaul manual. The GM manuals are really the best. I find that the assenmbly manual is very helpfull. It shows "exploded" views of everything on the car but does not break down engines, transmissions, etc.
Old 01-13-2003, 04:04 PM
1yy07
Racer

Give thes guys a try, HELM INC. 1-800-782-4356. :smash:
Old 01-13-2003, 04:20 PM
BeaterShark
Drifting

Default Re: SERVICE MANUALS (1yy07)

Hmm, Helm actually lists two manuals: the "shop manual" and the "car overhaul" manual. I know I have one of them that I have found to be not so helpful with troubleshooting.

Here is the description given (oddly the same description for both). That 3000 pages must be a misprint.
More than 3000 pages of repair instructions written by General Motors, this is the original manual. It contains Diagnostic Information and Procedures, Schematics and Routing Diagrams, Component Locator, Repair Instructions, Description and Operation, Specifications, and Special Tools and equipment. Service information on HVAC, Body & Accessories, Restraints, Steering, Suspension, Driveline/Axle, Brakes, Engine and Transmission/Transaxle.
Although, for the shop manual, it has another section for "Description":
Description:
Instructions And Procedures For Routine Repair Adjustment Maintenance Work Diagnosis/Testing And Removal/Installation Of Parts For Various Vehicle Systems.

[Modified by BeaterShark, 3:21 PM 1/13/2003]
Old 01-13-2003, 04:26 PM
BlueL36
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran

Mid America had the Assembly Instruction Manuals on sale for under $20. They are a forum vendor, too.

Get notified of new replies

To SERVICE MANUALS

Quick Reply: SERVICE MANUALS