C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cn'V Corvette Sales?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2003, 10:26 AM
gmcclurg
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cn'V Corvette Sales?

I have a friend that is looking at an '80 car at Cn'V Corvette Sales in Tempe AZ. Does anyone have any feed back on them? I think the car is overpriced but he like it.
Thanks
Old 01-13-2003, 10:33 AM
fauxrs
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Cn'V Corvette Sales? (gmcclurg)

There was a long story involving a ZR-1 a few years ago - apart from that not much has been heard recently - ALL corvette dealeers tend to be overpriced. CNV is no exception.
Old 01-13-2003, 10:43 AM
page62
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Cn'V Corvette Sales? (fauxrs)

:withstupid: But the local Corvette dealer had the car I wanted. So a few extra bucks spent didn't hurt my feeling too much...
Old 01-13-2003, 10:56 AM
BSeery
Team Owner

Location: Exiled to Richmond, VA - Finally sold my house in Murfreesboro, TN ?? Corner of "Bumf*&k and 'You've got a purdy mouth'."
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
CI-VIII Burnout Champ
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

A lot of people say they had bad dealings with them. Bad news travels 10 times more than good news.

I bought my 1980 from there and have had it in for service a few times with them.

I have never found them anything other than polite, very attentive and friendly. Their prices are high, and sometimes the worn out cars list for the same price as the nice ones. You gotta go look at the cars one-on-one and gotta know what to look for in a Vette.

If this is his first Corvette, maybe I could meet up with him at the dealership and help him look over the car. I have a 1980 and would be able to answer some questions and he wouldn't feel like the dealership was feeding him a line to sell a car.

P.S. DesertDawg also bought his there and has told me he's never had any problems with them.

[Modified by BSeery, 8:57 AM 1/13/2003]
Old 01-13-2003, 11:02 AM
71'AirStrike
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Cn'V Corvette Sales? (BSeery)

If this is his first Corvette, maybe I could meet up with him at the dealership and help him look over the car. I have a 1980 and would be able to answer some questions and he wouldn't feel like the dealership was feeding him a line to sell a car.
Good karma (car-ma?) Bserry. glad to see another stand up vette owner :thumbs:

cheers
chad
Old 01-13-2003, 11:43 AM
gmcclurg
Racer

BSeery,
Thanks for the offer. I will pass it along. It is his first Corvette. The problem is that he is located in Maryland. I don't know how he found the car, but it is a silver 80 and he is looking fo an 80. We'll see what happens.
Gil
Old 01-13-2003, 12:07 PM
BSeery
Team Owner

Location: Exiled to Richmond, VA - Finally sold my house in Murfreesboro, TN ?? Corner of "Bumf*&k and 'You've got a purdy mouth'."
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
CI-VIII Burnout Champ

I could look at it for him.

I would recommend to him that if he really wants it, he better put some money down on it to hold it. Good cars move quick there.

EDIT: That car looks to be in pretty darn good shape. I can also get any additonal photo's he may need.

[Modified by BSeery, 10:09 AM 1/13/2003]
Old 01-13-2003, 02:58 PM
gmcclurg
Racer

BSeery
Thanks for the offer. I will talk to my friend tonight and see. It is a good loking car and the price is about right for a "dealer" car.
Old 01-13-2003, 05:54 PM
gliot1
Safety Car

Received 1,486 Likes on 771 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

I bought a '78 Pace with 32000 mi. there a year ago. It was very fairly priced, appeared to be checked over thouroughly. Everything excpet the clock was guaranteed to be in working order; let me drive it all I wanted. They helped provide shipping back to IL. When I found a few pieces missing, they sent them free of charge. They were never pushy and I have found it to be an excellent original car. It was not perfect when I bought it but it was priced right on target when checking NADA. I have invested about 3500.00 in the car and brought it alomost back to 100% restored. I may have found one 1000.00 or so cheaper by private owner, but I felt much more relaxed and confident buying this one. I got no surprises. They are no more than 10 minutes from the airport and will pay for some of your airfare. I did have one advantage in that my father in uncle live in AZ and "once overed" the car before I flew out. My uncle was a new/used delaer owner before retiring and he convinced it was worth pursuing. He owned a '78 Pace new. I had a good experience; would consider them again. :chevy :chevy :chevy
Old 01-13-2003, 06:24 PM
Astro7
Racer

Cruise-In VIII Veteran

:iagree: I bought my 82 from them. I first saw it in the Corvette & chevy Trader. I then went to their website and saw more info on the car. I didn't have anyone to look at the car for me but wish I had. They arranged the shipping and all the paperwork. I got the car about a week later. It was in good shape but did need a few minor repairs. After getting all the paperwork and a CarFax I found out the car had spent it's life in California and had been purchased by them at an auction. One disappointing point was that the car had been repainted (a very good job) and was NOT the original color. They never informed me of this and I didn't learn of it until I got the build sheet. I aslo confirmed it with the paint & trim tag on the driver's door jam. Overall I'm happy with the purchase but whished I had someone look it over good for me before commiting to the purchase. I might have had more info to get the price down a bit. I would recomend having it thourghly inspected by someone that is familier with the 80 model and use that info to negoiate a better price.
Old 01-13-2003, 06:41 PM
Toy4Two
Safety Car

Default Re: Cn'V Corvette Sales? (Astro7)

BSeery, why don't you stop over there and pick me up that 68 BB with side pipes. You send me the car "at your cost", and I'll send you a Cheese Runza and fries every friday for the rest of the year.

Deal? :cheers:

:rofl: :rofl: Mmmmmmmm, Cheese Runza's, the melted cheese, the fresh baked bread, Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Mmmmmmmm GOOD!!! :rofl: :rofl: :lolg: :lolg:

[Modified by Toy4Two, 11:51 PM 1/13/2003]
Old 01-13-2003, 07:11 PM
BSeery
Team Owner

CI 6-7-8 Veteran
CI-VIII Burnout Champ

Default Re: Cn'V Corvette Sales? (Toy4Two)

BSeery, why don't you stop over there and pick me up that 68 BB with side pipes. You send me the car "at your cost", and I'll send you a Cheese Runza and fries every friday for the rest of the year.

Deal? :cheers:

:rofl: :rofl: Mmmmmmmm, Cheese Runza's, the melted cheese, the fresh baked bread, Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Mmmmmmmm GOOD!!! :rofl: :rofl: :lolg: :lolg:
Sorry, I can't affor that AND the 1971 Red BB Vert that I am looking at .......

[Modified by BSeery, 6:03 PM 1/13/2003]
Old 01-13-2003, 11:17 PM
Stingy74
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was at a Chev & Vette's years ago in Scottsdale. Atleast I think it was there. I've been all over Arizona. Had alot of nice cars there, even a minty 57 if I recall.
Old 01-14-2003, 12:15 AM
standup
Drifting

I think the car is overpriced but he like it.
Of course he like it! It's a Vette!!!! I don't know this dealer personally, but I know dealers.....good dealers have good cars, but sometimes they have bad cars.....bad dealers have bad cars, but sometimes they have good cars. In hindsight you can always get a better deal, but if you inspect the car yourself and like it, it can never be overpriced......'cause you've paid for it and now it's yours!!!!! I'd advise him to join this forum, look around, learn, drive more than one and then buy. And buy beers for the members who inspected the car on his behalf!!!!!

Hope this helps

Todd
Old 01-14-2003, 12:33 AM
BSeery
Team Owner

CI 6-7-8 Veteran
CI-VIII Burnout Champ

Default Re: Cn'V Corvette Sales? (standup)

And buy beers for the members who inspected the car on his behalf!!!!!

Hope this helps

Todd
That is the single most important part of buying a car from the other coast. Make sure the person looking at it is all liquored up !!

No, that's not it.

It's to make sure the person looking at the car for you is happy doing that task and that he will soon be rewarded !! That's it !!

Get notified of new replies

To Cn'V Corvette Sales?

Quick Reply: Cn'V Corvette Sales?