C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What swaybar do I need for my BB?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2003, 12:39 AM
Corey_68
Team Owner

Received 391 Likes on 237 Posts

Default What swaybar do I need for my BB?

I'm re-doing the front suspenion and I'm installing the vette brakes #550 front coil springs, and I have the Vette brakes performance fiberglass mono rear spring. I want somthing a litter stiffer, but not bone jarring at the same time. This car is a weekend/track car, NOT a daily driver.

Old 01-13-2003, 12:44 AM
Tom73
Race Director

Received 470 Likes on 279 Posts

Default Re: What swaybar do I need for my BB? (Corey 68)

Corey,
I would check with Vette Brakes to see what they recommend given your config. Don't forget a rear swaybar to ballance out the front.

tom...
Old 01-13-2003, 01:21 AM
73 LS-4
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: What swaybar do I need for my BB? (Corey 68)

Normally the heavier your springs the lighter you can go with the swaybars, swaybars really shouldn't effect ride quality near as much as springs or shocks since they really only work if there is a difference in compression between the spring on one side compared to the other. If you compress one side of the suspension and not the other then it exerts force on the opposite spring of the one being compressed, thus your in a way using the opposite spring to help level the car in the turn. So in a situation like hitting a speedbump head on where both front tires hit the speedbump at the same time the swaybar doesn't come into effect since spring compression is the same. I love the way mine rides, firm but not harsh like the 86, I'm running the stock BB springs with 1 1/4 front and 3/4 rear with adjustable links on the rear with about 1/4" of travel before engagment on the back along with IAS shocks. Your car will probably be a bit lighter then mine especially if you have aluminum heads, so a 1 1/8 frt. would probably be a good starting point especially if your running heavier front springs then stock BB's and probably a 5/8 rear bar with adjustable end links for fine tuning. VBP would probably be the better ones to ask since you'll be using their springs in your combo, so they would probably know the best spring swaybar combo for your cars weight.

:cheers:
Pat Kunz

Get notified of new replies

To What swaybar do I need for my BB?

Quick Reply: What swaybar do I need for my BB?