C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

75 REAR BUMPER

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2003, 10:31 AM
TERRY W.
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 75 REAR BUMPER

Can anyone tell me who sells a correct rear bumper cover with the indentations for the lettering for my 75? Thank you, Terry.
Old 01-12-2003, 10:56 AM
scottw
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: 75 REAR BUMPER (TERRY W.)

There are quite a few. Zip, Mid America, Ecklers just to name a few. I think a lot of guys here go with the Flex-fit bumpers. I'm starting to look for one for my 74 since it has began to crack.
Old 01-12-2003, 12:29 PM
iree75
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my front bumper cover and custom rear (fiberglass) from Ecklers. They sell the proper rear cover with the letter indentations. The mounting hardware is seperate, which I had to replace since no amount of WD40 allowed me to not destroy many of the studs. The front flex cover fix perfect. Since my rear cover is a custom piece, it's mounting required me to remove many of the parts that form the bumper shape for the flex cover.
-F
Old 01-12-2003, 03:56 PM
Paul Borowski
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 274 Likes on 160 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Terry, I see you're just about a neighbor :yesnod:

I got a front and rear TrueFlex for my '75 BOTH for $322, shipping included. I just called "Scott" directly up at Toledo Pro Fiberglass-the bumpers I got are "seconds", ones that got gouged or scratched in the mold. I had to sand and do some featherfilling for about 8hrs on each, but to me it was well worth it. These are bumpers that they cannot sell to MidAmerica, Corvette Central, etc. Yes, you do have to do some modifying, but that's what happens using these non-GM parts.

This is how the bumper looked after I sanded and wet sanded it the day I took it to get painted.

Get notified of new replies

To 75 REAR BUMPER

Quick Reply: 75 REAR BUMPER