C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cam card suggestion

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2003, 09:05 AM
Jvette73
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cam card suggestion

It would be great if every backyard wrencher, professional mechanic or motorhead would always put the cam card supplied with any new cam that was installed in the vehicles glove box. This way when the car is sold from person to person the info would be there if someone down the line wanted to know. Ive done this for years on all my project vehicles. I treat the cam card like a second registration.
Old 01-12-2003, 03:26 PM
Vetterodder
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Re: Cam card suggestion (Jvette73)

I agree. In most cases it's damn near impossible to identify what cam was actually used without some documentation like the card. Very often guys are buying a car that was recammed two owners ago and any information that they get is usuallly just a guess or an assumption. I also know of numerous people that had their engines rebuilt and the only info provided by the builder about the cam used was that it was a "performance" cam.
Old 01-13-2003, 08:25 AM
norvalwilhelm
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Re: Cam card suggestion (Jvette73)

While I don't put my cam cards in the glove compartment I do treat them with respect and keep them in a safe location. When I pull a cam the cam goes back in the original box with the cam card in a pastic bag and when I resell the cam it has the proper card and box.

Get notified of new replies

To Cam card suggestion

Quick Reply: Cam card suggestion