C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carb spacer plate

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2003, 01:55 AM
79corvette
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Carb spacer plate

I saw on T.V., Popular Hotrodding(I think) and they metioned that adding a carb spacer plate would increase torque and horse power. What's every else's opion on them? Is it worth the money or would I be better off fixing my headlights lol? :)
Old 01-12-2003, 07:45 AM
jerryp58
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Carb spacer plate (79corvette)

Has Popular Hotrodding switched stations?
It used to be on TNN, but I haven't seen it scheduled for a couple of weeks :skep:

Anyway, you may want to check the Archives for this subject. There's a lot of info on it, but I think it boils down to the fact that carb spacers are really a tuner's tool. Depending on the material, thickness, and design, you can change your torque/hp curves, but it's not very predictable and you have to experiment with different spacers to get what you want. So, yes, you may very likely increase HP and Torque, but it may be at 4000 RPM and it may be at the cost of low end torque (where you may or may not prefer it).

All that said, I'll probably try one someday, but I'm going to fix my headlights first :thumbs:

Quick Reply: Carb spacer plate