C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

time for new tires

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2003, 12:09 AM
68350hp
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default time for new tires

My dad's '75 needs new tires. The ones on it are the Michelin X1 tires he put on in 1978 to replace the original Goodyear Steelgards. As you can imagine, after 10 years of sitting the steel belts have worn in one place. The car vibrates a little when driving on the highway. We want to replace them with Goodyear raised white lettered tires. What Goodyears do you guys think are the best and are white lettered?
Old 01-12-2003, 12:19 AM
gravismaximus
Racer

Default Re: time for new tires (68350hp)

i dont think you can find a goodyear with white letters, assuming its a 2556015. but i know ou can get the nascar tire but it has yellow letters (gold) or you can get the gatorback which is a black wall. if you have 2257015 tou might be able to find a set of aqua treads, but besides that goodyear manily makes black wall tires unless you put a truck tire on it. bfgoodwrinch makes lots of white wall tires, altough i dont like them, there tread patterens are out of date, like the radial t/a its also the only tire ive ever gotton into a accident with, both times different cars. they suck. then again i have no idea what size tire yout looking for. but try to get a tire that has just started to be made, because the tecnology of the tread patteren will be better. good luck :auto:
Old 01-12-2003, 11:29 AM
68350hp
Racer

Default Re: time for new tires (gravismaximus)

You can get Goodyears with white letters. We got some Goodyear Eagle GTII's for my '74 last year but the rub when you take a sharp right. We want something that doesn't rub as much that will fit the stock '75 Rallye wheel.

[Modified by 68350hp, 11:30 AM 1/12/2003]
Old 01-12-2003, 11:46 AM
DP77Vette
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '10

Default Re: time for new tires (gravismaximus)

i dont think you can find a goodyear with white letters, assuming its a 2556015. but i know ou can get the nascar tire but it has yellow letters (gold) or you can get the gatorback which is a black wall. if you have 2257015 tou might be able to find a set of aqua treads, but besides that goodyear manily makes black wall tires unless you put a truck tire on it. bfgoodwrinch makes lots of white wall tires, altough i dont like them, there tread patterens are out of date, like the radial t/a its also the only tire ive ever gotton into a accident with, both times different cars. they suck. then again i have no idea what size tire yout looking for. but try to get a tire that has just started to be made, because the tecnology of the tread patteren will be better. good luck :auto:
:eek: accidents w/ BFG T/A's !! So that may be my problem! :banghead: I bought a set about 2 yrs. ago, rebuilt the front end, new shocks, etc. & still the front end darts around like crazy. Think it's the tires causing my problem??? :confused: All opinions are welcome!
Thanks in advance!! :cheers:
Old 01-12-2003, 05:54 PM
63Banshee
Melting Slicks

Location: WANTED: '68 rear valance with b/u light assemblies IM, e-mail, or PM me here. Thanks!

Default Re: time for new tires (DP77Vette)

Try out the Firestone Indy line. I’ve had good luck with them. BFG has nothing on them!

Get notified of new replies

To time for new tires

Quick Reply: time for new tires