C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

water pump

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2003, 11:32 PM
74 vert
Melting Slicks

Location: Where are the Smoky Mountain Cruisers? Not Correctly Restored Stingray
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Default water pump

My water pump does not seem the flow much. When I look inside the radiator the fluid just seems to drip from the top finns. My pump does not leak, therefore the seals aren't bad. Could the stock impeller be shot? I'm thinking about a aftermarket pump what do you dudes suggest? I don't want an electric. What type should I buy? :steering:
Old 01-11-2003, 11:57 PM
Tom73
Race Director

Received 470 Likes on 279 Posts

Default Re: water pump (74 vert)

I put a Stewart high volume alumn pump on my 90 Vette and love it.

tom...
Old 01-12-2003, 12:22 AM
gravismaximus
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i recomend a high flow wieland, or edelbrock chorme if you have a nice looking motor. :smash:
Old 01-12-2003, 12:44 AM
Vetterodder
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

If you're not having an overheating problem, the pump is ok. At least for now anyway :). Yes, impellors can corrode away and age is more of an issue than is mileage. If you have any doubts about your water pump (or you just want a new one) they're not that exspensive or that much work to replace. It's also a good opportunity to drop a few pounds off the front of you car if you opt for an aluminum one. And, while you're at it, how about a cam change too :).
Old 01-12-2003, 12:47 AM
Crash Dummy
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Contributor

74 Vert...

Is the car overheating? If so, try first changing the thermostat to see if it is stuck. If not, why do you think you have problems? The cooling system on all cars is designed to work under pressure and if you have the cap to the radiator off you will not see what the system is doing.

I will forewarn you that this forum can spend your money ten times over. A few came in with ideas of restoring their cars and ended up going with high performance engines. I predict by post #100 you are doomed.:lol: :lol:

By the way... I am one of those who ended up going for more performance.

:cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To water pump

Quick Reply: water pump