C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with engine build ideas

Old 01-11-2003, 05:16 PM
seansod
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with engine build ideas

I am in the process of making the decision on what to build. I have access to a virgin 4 bolt main 350 block that I am going to build to put in my 74 the engine in it now is orginial. I autocross the car and am looking for more ponies.

Info
The car is a convertible 4 speed manual. All parts are stock.
I am going to rebuild the Power steering control valve (leaks) and repalce brake pads and install steel braided lines. I am also installing the VB&P grand touring plus suspension kit.

Do you guys have any idea as to what to build the 350 with.
I plan on boring over 30 and need it to still be streetable and have enough vac.
I was thinking about the Performer RPM Alum heads 70cc ( have a good price on a new set $700)

As I said this will be for autocrossing and the occasional date night with the wife.

Thanks for any help
Tony

I have DD2000 so I will be able to compare any setups you guys suggest.
Old 01-12-2003, 12:33 AM
gravismaximus
Racer

Default Re: Help with engine build ideas (seansod)

depends on your budget, but for sure i would put on new alum heads that allow a big lift. a roller cam and lifters/ rockers so you can rev her up some more, and nice carb probly about 750 cfm domed pistons, new intake of corse new bearings (race) high flow fule, and water pump. flex fan basicly every thing you see should be replaced with nice after market parts. will be better if you get a hole kit from one place if you dont know how to work the numbers. and of corse have your block line honed and milled if needed, along with a new or balanced crankshaft with light wight piston rods. i just did a rebuild on my 350 last year and my total on the eninge parts alone was about 3,000. because im a mecanic i was able to do all the labor myself and save big bucks. :hurray:
Old 01-12-2003, 01:21 AM
tnt76vette
Drifting

Default Re: Help with engine build ideas (gravismaximus)

See my sig. But with a better cam (XE-262 or 268) you can pull up to about 365HP and 410ft/lbs of torque with vacuum left over.......... :yesnod:
Old 01-12-2003, 06:12 PM
seansod
Instructor

Default Re: Help with engine build ideas (tnt76vette)

Thanks for the ideas will be looking at alot of members posts to get ideas.

Tony
Old 01-12-2003, 06:46 PM
The Money Pit
Melting Slicks

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

Default Re: Help with engine build ideas (seansod)

I saw a build up using Vortec heads and a Comp XE-268 cam that pulled 390 hp,and 430 lbs. The impressive thing was it had a real street torque curve and ran on 87 octane. If I was doing a 350 this would be the ticket for me.

Get notified of new replies

To Help with engine build ideas

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help with engine build ideas