C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wierd electrical troubles

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2003, 10:29 PM
SizzleChest
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default wierd electrical troubles

some of you might remeber me saying that my battery was left on a manual charger for 4 days. that battery is toast i figured, but i hooked it up anywho just to see for sure. nothing - dead as dead can be. so, i go out and grab a new ac delco battery, bring it home hook it up and again - nothing. wtf? now i'm thinking i've got a loose connection somewhere under the hood. i open it up look around and everything appears to be in order. just out of curiousity, i pulled my battery from my truck which only has terminals on the top (not on the sides like the vette requires) and just touched the cables to the terminals and everything lit up and was working fine. now im thinking that maybe the old battery isn't shot, but have no idea what my next move is?

any ideas????
Old 01-10-2003, 11:47 PM
Smokehouse69
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default Re: wierd electrical troubles (SizzleChest)

Did you touch the new battery to your truck's cables, or the truck battery to the 'vette terminals?
One place to check if you don't have any power in the car is your cables. Check the ground cable where it attaches to the frame right below the battery box. Check you positive at the starter also. Check the condition of your cables also, any bulges or swelling is a sign of corrossion inside the plastic cable covering.
Old 01-11-2003, 01:55 AM
mapman
Melting Slicks

Received 68 Likes on 54 Posts

Default Re: wierd electrical troubles (SizzleChest)

SizzleChest,

Hopefully just a loose connection - pulling the cables to get them to reach the top of the battery may have also tightened the connection.

If the ground cable is good, have you checked for a short with the positive cable? The cable meanders around under the car, close to lots of metal things, and is a PITA to change.

Get notified of new replies

To wierd electrical troubles

Quick Reply: wierd electrical troubles