C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going for the Gold!!!

Old 01-10-2003, 03:25 PM
Adam Boca
Race Director

Location: www.ncminsurance.com Bowling Green KY Home of the Corvette!
Received 126 Likes on 66 Posts
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Vet
St. Jude Donor '07-'08
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Default Going for the Gold!!!

I have pictures! The first on the net that I have seen!

Thanks to Bill for the pics!!!

The National Corvette Museum is raffling a one-of-a-kind gold Corvette Coupe limited to 2003 tickets at $200 each. The Corvette was designed and created to work in conjunction with the JD Power Gold award, which is scheduled to be awarded to the best automotive assembly plant in North America. The gold Corvette Coupe has an automatic transmission and sports a black interior, and is autographed on the inside structure by the assembly plant team workers who helped to create the exclusive car.

The drawing for the "Going for the Gold" Corvette will take place on Sunday, June 29th, 2003 at the "Baseball, Hot Dogs, Apple Pie and Corvette" Block Party scheduled as part of the 50th Anniversary Celebration activities at the Museum. “Chevrolet and the GM Corvette Plant are very proud to offer this one-of-a-kind car to the Museum as a fundraiser,” stated GM Corvette Assembly Plant Manager, Wil Cooksey. “We are excited about our goal of being the best plant in North America and this car is a great addition to the excitement.” A portion of the raffle proceeds will also be given as a donation to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

The winner of the Corvette raffle must be at least 18 years old with a valid drivers license. Winner need not be present to win. Available to participants worldwide, the raffle is void where prohibited by law. Winner is responsible for all taxes, fees and licenses.

For more information: http://corvettemuseum.com/raffle/index.shtml
Old 01-10-2003, 03:33 PM
Smokehouse69
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default Re: Going for the Gold!!! (Adam Boca)

My 69 used to be that color, I think when I repaint it's going back to Riverside Gold again!
Old 01-10-2003, 03:35 PM
Fevre
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BG may be 'Gold' as a producer but they are tin as a customer, they nickle and dime us to death with scrap charge backs without documentation. :rant:

[Modified by Fevre, 4:51 PM 1/10/2003]
Old 01-10-2003, 05:33 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Re: Going for the Gold!!! (Fevre)

Adam, you can put my name on that one!! :)

I don't usually go for those high priced raffles, but this one caught my imagination somehow.. It is a unique car! Funny how GM wins a GOLD award and they can build a gold corvette.... but can't do it for the corvette's golden anniversary!! Anyway, I bought a raffle ticket a while back. But you know, that is really a collector car which I dont have room for. If I win I might keep it for a month or so, take it to a few shows, then trade it for a ZO6 !!! :lol: MJ

Question: It is a coupe but what's with the ZO6 black scoops by the rear wheels? Styling? :) MJ

[Modified by MNJack, 5:35 PM 1/10/2003]
Old 01-11-2003, 01:54 AM
Crash Dummy
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Contributor

Adam,

The $200 is pretty steep. I bought a ticket about a month ago. I hope #49 is the winning one and I'll make my garage a 2 Vette one and the truck goes outside. :cheers:

[Modified by bgrice, 6:55 AM 1/11/2003]

Get notified of new replies

To Going for the Gold!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Going for the Gold!!!