C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear alignment h*lp after lowering

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2003, 10:26 AM
WA 2 FST
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 556 Likes on 359 Posts

Default Rear alignment h*lp after lowering

After lowering the car with VBP bolts the other day, and driving the car around a bit to let the suspension settle, I have a bit of negative camber in the rear now. It's not bad (like what you'd see if the wheel bearings are going out), but I would like to correct this if possible.

Where are the adjustment bolts/threads for the rear alignment?

Thanks!
Old 01-10-2003, 10:31 AM
sb69coupe
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Rear alignment h*lp after lowering (WA 2 FST)

Assuming you have the stock type fixed rear strut rods, the camber is adjusted via the camber eccentric bolts on the bottom side of the differential. There is a bracket where the inboard ends of the strut rods are bolted. The bolts through the bracket have an eccentric cam on them to adjust the camber of the rear wheels. Loosen the nut and turn the bolt to bring the end of the strut rod further inboard to reduce the amount of negative camber.

You can take a small level and a couple blocks of 2x4 to check the amount of camber. Measure off the wheel itself, not the tire. You want the top of the wheel to tip in about 1/4" from vertical to have just a slight amount of negative camber.

If you've got aftermarket parts back there, please ignore everything above :D
Old 01-10-2003, 10:36 AM
WA 2 FST
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 556 Likes on 359 Posts

Default Re: Rear alignment h*lp after lowering (sb69coupe)

I think I do have the stock rear strut rods. I should know by now as much as I've been under there. ;) However, the C3 suspension is new to me. I'm more used to live-axle cars where there is basically no adjustment at all.

Thanks. I am betting that this adjustment procedure will work for me. I may not be too far from 1/4" from vertical anyway. I didn't realize you wanted some negative camber in the rear (again, not as familiar with IRS).

Get notified of new replies

To Rear alignment h*lp after lowering

Quick Reply: Rear alignment h*lp after lowering