C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

swapping out steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2003, 09:36 PM
wadey
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default swapping out steering wheel

Looking to swap my 76' "vega" steering wheel for one of the new after market
wheels out there. It seems that 76' is a year that not every wheel will fit, i do
have tilt/tel steering. Is this in fact a problem or will any wheel fit?
thanx wade
Old 01-10-2003, 05:51 AM
Mystery Machine
Drifting

Default Re: swapping out steering wheel (wadey)

I have been thinking about changing my wheel out as well. From what I can tell there are at least a few wheels that seem to fit the mid year vettes. Grant, LeCarra are a couple that I have looked at. I think most anything will fit but may require some modification. I don't know what look you're going for but Grant makes a nifty little 14" leather wheel that supposedly bolts right on with no mods or mounting kits. http://www.grantproducts.com/idea.html
Old 01-10-2003, 11:23 AM
terryrudy
Drifting

Default Re: swapping out steering wheel (Mystery Machine)

Hey guys, I just got this wood one off a forum member for $40. I think it was not made for T/T but the only part that is affected is the telescoping part.

I don't mind as I never used the telescoping anyway. Looks cooler than the black leather one IMO but I'm saving the black leather one just in case I change my mind. So I can still go back to telescoping in the future if I need to. In the meantime, I'm coolin it with a wooden wheel.

The wheel just had the 6 (I think) screw holes which lined up perfectly with my column. Screwed them in, voila.
-terry

[Modified by terryrudy, 8:24 AM 1/10/2003]

Get notified of new replies

To swapping out steering wheel

Quick Reply: swapping out steering wheel