C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New member looking for body shop in DFW area

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2003, 12:23 PM
nitrusmr2
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New member looking for body shop in DFW area

Its a long, long story so here is the short version. In 1991 My father and I bought a 1970 Corvette convertible from a barn in the middle of no where. Teh car had been wrecked in the early 80's and never left the barn. What I didn't know at the time was that it had been used as a parts car for several other Vettes in the area.

So we bought it (I was 16 at the time) and I spent 2 years saving and collecting parts to finish it.

We had 3 different body shops claim they could fix the car. It needed a Eckler's stock style one piece front end bonded to it and then all the headlights and bumpers installed. The driver's side quarter panel is also wavy from an earlier (late 70's?) repair.

Mechanically the car is OK. I needs some reassembly, but I have a firend who is going to reassemble the mechanical stuff. Worst case I can do it myself (time issues).

So what I am looking for is a trusted body shop or even an individual that is familiar with C3 Corvettes in the DFW or even Oklahoma area.

Anyone know of a shop or individual that can handle this job?

Feel free to ask any questions that might be important.

Oh yeah, here are a few other factiods about the car:
missing soft top and frame
has hard top..from a 69'
not original block. Has original 300hp heads bolted to a 400 small block
car has turbo 400 tranny
hood on car is a 75' will need work to match the fenders at the cowl

Thanks,

Aaron
Old 01-09-2003, 01:49 PM
lason
Instructor

Default Re: New member looking for body shop in DFW area (nitrusmr2)

I wish I could help but I am in the same boat although I have decided to do all the body work myself and have the car painted but cannot find a good painter in DFW that has reasonable prices.
Old 01-09-2003, 03:00 PM
adam
Drifting

Corvette-tek in colleyville - Andy Rivera

There's a paint place next to Craigs Car care in Lucas.
Craigs works on vettes, but don't know about body - they might.

Try tracdogg2 (here on the forum) - he works on vettes - seems to do everything.

Old 01-09-2003, 04:15 PM
DaveL82
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Look up Zwede, he recommended a shop to me, but I haven't had the time to take it there for some work. His looked great and he was please with their work.

Here is his info on finding it: Shop is in Grand prairie. Go I30 West to Beltline rd. Go north beltline past the horse race track. Shop is on your right. If you see a large truck freight company you've gone too far. Sign only says "autorepair".

Old 01-09-2003, 05:10 PM
LT1driver
Le Mans Master

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Default Re: New member looking for body shop in DFW area (DaveL82)

JBs on "Bee" st in Farmer Branch, he is pretty good but expensive, shop near Bell helicopter been there awhile, vette dealer in colleyville recommends him, also one in arlington near UTA, unsure about there prices. They advertise in paper sometimes. Good luck, no matter who it cost $$$$ for body work. :cry
Old 01-10-2003, 03:48 AM
Kevin_73
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In X Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09-'11

Aaron,

There is a shop called Texas Body Works in the same industrial complex as my office in Carrollton. Over the years they have worked on a number of C-3's over there and every time I have wandered over to check out their work I have been very impressed.
The owner is named Darrin Ditmer and he seems to be a very fair and nice guy. I mentioned to him the details I could remember from your post. He said that since he lives in Denton he would be willing to come look at your car to give you an estimate.

Give him a call:
Texas Body Works
2415 Midway Road, Suite 111
Carrollton, TX 75006
(972) 250-6722
pager (214) 439-8672

Get notified of new replies

To New member looking for body shop in DFW area

Quick Reply: New member looking for body shop in DFW area