C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shipped or paid for Shipping on Cyl. Heads? Ebay#@&%!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2003, 11:09 PM
mountainshark76
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shipped or paid for Shipping on Cyl. Heads? Ebay#@&%!

HI all
I sold a set of center bolt TBI 350 iron heads on ebay now the bidder is saying that chevy heads only weigh 20lbs. each and shipping should only be $25.00 for both does any know how much they do weigh? I came camp up with about 50lbs each fully assy. How can I prove this to BUBA on ebay :mad
Old 01-08-2003, 11:14 PM
WESCH
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Shipped or paid for Shipping on Cyl. Heads? Ebay#@&%! (mountainshark76)

Hi
It's always the seller providing shipping costs, not the bidder.
Take your time to find out what shippiong will be B4 giving total cost to the bidder.
Sorry, I couldn't even guess what they weigh.
Good luck. Gunther :seeya
Old 01-08-2003, 11:23 PM
lason
Instructor

Default Re: Shipped or paid for Shipping on Cyl. Heads? Ebay#@&%! (WESCH)

Hi
It's always the seller providing shipping costs, not the bidder.
Take your time to find out what shippiong will be B4 giving total cost to the bidder.
Sorry, I couldn't even guess what they weigh.
Good luck. Gunther :seeya
:iagree:
Old 01-08-2003, 11:26 PM
joevette57
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Shipped or paid for Shipping on Cyl. Heads? Ebay#@&%! (lason)

Use a bathroom scale to get a guestimate of the wieght, then go to http://www.ups.com and use their shipping estimator. If you ship direct through UPS or an agent such as Office Depot, the calculator is pretty accurate.
DO NOT, I repeat... DO NOT use one of those mailbox etc rip-off places.... they mark up the UPS rate an average of 50%. :nono:
Old 01-08-2003, 11:57 PM
MYPET70
Advanced

Default Re: Shipped or paid for Shipping on Cyl. Heads? Ebay#@&%! (mountainshark76)

First of all, they are going to weigh a good 40-50lbs each assuming they're iron. Second of all, how much you're stuck will depend on how you advertised them. I always charge a fixed shipping charge in advance of the auction. If you didn't do that, then maybe you're OK if you said that the buyer pays actually shipping charges - in which case you box them up, weigh them on the bathroom scale (or drag them to UPS for a quote), go to the UPS web site and get an on-line quote/estimate. If you didn't say anything at all about shipping in your auction description, you'll probably end up trying to negotiate something with the buyer. There are no "rules" that say who's responsible for shipping that I've ever seen - supposed to be up to the two parties. Good luck.... :cheers:
Old 01-09-2003, 12:15 AM
Smokehouse69
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Not wanting to fool with shipping is why I haven't tried to sell my Vortec heads on Ebay. I don't even know how you'd go about safely shipping something as heavy as a cast iron head, using UPS.
I guess you'd have to build a wooden crate just to protect it from damage, and that would add another 10 lbs to the total. How do aftermarket places ship cast iron heads? I know that engines come truck freight and usually are dock to dock.
Old 01-09-2003, 12:25 AM
tnt76vette
Drifting

Default Re: Shipped or paid for Shipping on Cyl. Heads? Ebay#@&%! (Smokehouse69)

They weigh abt 45lbs each plus or minus. I had a set shipped to me just recently and the cost was around 50 bucks total via UPS.....They came wrapped in double thickness cardboard and heavily taped from Texas to Michigan w/no problems, delivered to my door........... :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
Old 01-09-2003, 12:48 AM
ORVette
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Shipped or paid for Shipping on Cyl. Heads? Ebay#@&%! (tnt76vette)

You might want to give Federal Express Ground a try. I shipped a pair (48lbs x 2 packages) from Oregon to Ohio for approx. $28.00 total. It was cheaper by about 25% to ship them in seperate boxes than together.
Old 01-09-2003, 05:33 AM
Love My 72 and 77
Drifting

Here is a seller listing weight of 350 heads on ebay show him this
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1876557980
55 lbs each head

maybe you should just ship them for free

:cuss :bs

Get notified of new replies

To Shipped or paid for Shipping on Cyl. Heads? Ebay#@&%!

Quick Reply: Shipped or paid for Shipping on Cyl. Heads? Ebay#@&%!