C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone sell a camera mount for C3 convertibles???

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2003, 09:29 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Received 83 Likes on 58 Posts
Cruise-In IV-V-VI-VII-VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03, '06, '17

Default Does anyone sell a camera mount for C3 convertibles???

I wonder if a camera mount is available for early C3 Verts???

Does anyone know??

:cheers:

Olivier
Old 01-08-2003, 09:47 PM
redvetracr
Race Director

Received 174 Likes on 160 Posts

Default Re: Does anyone sell a camera mount for C3 convertibles??? (GrandSportC3)

Do you have a roll bar?? if so then you can get a mount from IO port racing and come to think of it CF member GHoffman might have a mount available.
...redvetracr
Old 01-08-2003, 10:09 PM
mapman
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

Default Re: Does anyone sell a camera mount for C3 convertibles??? (GrandSportC3)

GrandSportC3,

Purpose? Inside or outside car? Still or Motion pictures? Going to use it a little or a lot? Remote Control? Under hood (out the grill)? Dash board? Temporary or Permanent? ....

Go to a camera store that professionals use. (You can tell by the prices of the cameras ($$$$$). They will have a variety of supports available. However, you can probably fabricate a camera mount yourself from materials a hardware store will have.

What you will need is a good "ball head" that will attach the camera to the support and let you align and lock the camera position. You can spend $650+ on just a ball head for a tripod (most are lots cheaper). You might cannibalize an old tripod for parts, but an expensive camera + a cheap tripod is a recipe for disaster.

Here is a link (hope I don't get into trouble) to B&H Photo, a professional source for cameras and equipment. You might check their site for tripods, ball heads, etc. to give you a feel for what is available.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com

I helped my brother-in-law attach a video camera to his motorcycle. Worked pretty good. good luck
Old 01-08-2003, 10:21 PM
corvettemaster
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check out vettedan's website ----> http://www.vetteworksonline.com/
I don't know if he sells them for verts tho, you will have to check into that :D
Old 01-08-2003, 10:23 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Default Re: Does anyone sell a camera mount for C3 convertibles??? (redvetracr)

Do you have a roll bar?? if so then you can get a mount from IO port racing and come to think of it CF member GHoffman might have a mount available.
...redvetracr
Nope - dont' have a roll bar...

Olivier
Old 01-08-2003, 10:25 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Default Re: Does anyone sell a camera mount for C3 convertibles??? (mapman)

GrandSportC3,

Purpose? Inside or outside car? Still or Motion pictures? Going to use it a little or a lot? Remote Control? Under hood (out the grill)? Dash board? Temporary or Permanent? ....

Go to a camera store that professionals use. (You can tell by the prices of the cameras ($$$$$). They will have a variety of supports available. However, you can probably fabricate a camera mount yourself from materials a hardware store will have.

What you will need is a good "ball head" that will attach the camera to the support and let you align and lock the camera position. You can spend $650+ on just a ball head for a tripod (most are lots cheaper). You might cannibalize an old tripod for parts, but an expensive camera + a cheap tripod is a recipe for disaster.

Here is a link (hope I don't get into trouble) to B&H Photo, a professional source for cameras and equipment. You might check their site for tripods, ball heads, etc. to give you a feel for what is available.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com

I helped my brother-in-law attach a video camera to his motorcycle. Worked pretty good. good luck
I just want to mount the camera inside the car... filming the dash and through the windshield... something like the "Shark Bar" which is only available for late C3's...

Olivier
Old 01-08-2003, 10:27 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Default Re: Does anyone sell a camera mount for C3 convertibles??? (corvettemaster)

Check out vettedan's website ----> http://www.vetteworksonline.com/
I don't know if he sells them for verts tho, you will have to check into that :D
I don't think that this one would work with a early C3 Vert...

Olivier
Old 01-08-2003, 10:27 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

I actually might try to build something myself...

Olivier
Old 01-09-2003, 05:45 AM
Love My 72 and 77
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.cds.caltech.edu/~cxy/imag.../duct-tape.jpg
Old 01-09-2003, 09:24 AM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Default Re: Does anyone sell a camera mount for C3 convertibles??? (Love My 72 and 77)

:confused: :confused: You mean that I should mount the camera using duct tape?? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Get notified of new replies

To Does anyone sell a camera mount for C3 convertibles???

Quick Reply: Does anyone sell a camera mount for C3 convertibles???