C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C shutdown

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2003, 07:00 PM
jroyse
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A/C shutdown

I'm in the process of anengine swap on my 1979 and I'm not going to use the a/c. So what special things do I have to do after removing the compressor and hoses to preserve the system if I want it back later?
Thanks
1979 ZZ430
Old 01-08-2003, 07:23 PM
Big Fish
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In 5-6-7-8-9-11-12 Veteran
A CI-6 Car Show Winner

Default Re: A/C shutdown (jroyse)

I would go to your local hardware store and get an assortment of rubber corks and plug everything. This will keep out moisture and contaminates. Be sure they fit nice and tight, you won't have any problems then if you ever want to re-use the parts. Sometimes the old hoses aren't worth saving, depending on their condition (they get dry rot and start to crack). Hope this helps! :steering:
Old 01-09-2003, 08:46 AM
vettfixr
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Re: A/C shutdown (Big Fish)

I would go to your local hardware store and get an assortment of rubber corks and plug everything. This will keep out moisture and contaminates. Be sure they fit nice and tight, you won't have any problems then if you ever want to re-use the parts. Sometimes the old hoses aren't worth saving, depending on their condition (they get dry rot and start to crack). Hope this helps! :steering:
Good info. You can also go to Eastwood's site. They sell a bunch of plastic caps that are used for masking when painting parts. Some go over the part and some go into bolt holes. I have them and have used them a lot. Here's a link
http://www.eastwoodco.com/aspfiles/i...1.x=35&I1.y=35

Get notified of new replies

To A/C shutdown

Quick Reply: A/C shutdown