C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paging Marksbb69

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2003, 11:25 AM

Default Paging Marksbb69

Mark,

I got the engine rebuild on the way, the intake and carbs are off being redone as well, and I was curious on something.

What clutch did you go with recently? I know you told me, but it has slipped my mind again. With the motor switch out, I am going to go ahead and put in a new clutch and throw out.

How is the break-in going with it too?

Thanks,
Rob
Old 01-08-2003, 04:03 PM
Marks69BB
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Paging Marksbb69 (RLH)

Hey Rob! Wow, you're not waisting any time I see. :cool:

The clutch I put in is the Centerforce Dual Friction which is the most heavy duty one they make. They advertise 90% more 'grip' then stock with stock-like pedal pressure. You'll have to determine how many splines are on your input shaft since they have both 10 and 26 spline versions for the muncie. Also, be sure to get the release bearing and the adjustable pivotball so you'll have some adjustment. I bought everything from Summit since they had the best price and were running a limited free shipping sale. Also, get your flywheel resurfaced at Boyettes downtown before you put it in. Mine's broken in now (500+ miles of easy stop & go driving) but I haven't driven it lately cause I'm waiting on my inserts for the side pipes. Drop me an email or give me a call so we can have a few :cheers: !
Old 01-08-2003, 05:37 PM

Default Re: Paging Marksbb69 (Marks69BB)

So is the pedal pressure stock like in feel? I'll look this up on summitt and see what it will run. I may start Sat. pulling the other motor out, my buddy JR may have a buyer for it too. Thanks for the info. on the Centerforce.

We definitely need to get together again for some :cheers: .

Get notified of new replies

To Paging Marksbb69

Quick Reply: Paging Marksbb69