C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ceramic Coating

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2003, 06:13 PM
Monty
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Ceramic Coating

I just picked up my downpipes, turbine housings, and wastegate housing from the coating shop. I'm very pleased with how they turned out, the downpipes almost look chrome. I wasn't going to, but I'm going to get my headers coated now, but just on the outside. It's all 100% gauranteed for 3 years.
Old 01-07-2003, 06:18 PM
Twin_Turbo
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Re: Ceramic Coating (Monty)

Man, when are you gonna stop improving your stuff, people can't compete with your setup anymore :( You're driving me completely nuts, I can't have raunchy looking black compressor housings, black wastegate housings and SS downpipes after seeing this :cry :cry
Old 01-07-2003, 06:35 PM
gkull
Team Owner

Received 1,329 Likes on 1,057 Posts

WOW!!! :eek: Nice looking. Have you bought a TT hood yet? Cut out the little air ducts and cool off the turbine just like they did 20 years ago. Only yours is much more high tech that those real race cares.
Old 01-07-2003, 07:14 PM
Monty
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Ceramic Coating (Twin_Turbo)

TT,

That's my problem, I keep thinking of better ways to do something, so I'm always working on some little project and can't ever seem to leave the car running. Out of the last 2 years, I've put less than 1000 miles on the car, but I've been through 3 transmissions and 3 engine combinations. I'm done with major engine/tranny mods for awhile but I plan to continue to make small improvments. As I get to be a better fabricator and as I get better ideas or see good ideas, I hope to continue to improve the car.

No Turbo hood for me. One of my criteria has always been to maintain a stock external appearance for the "sleeper" look. I had the Hogan's manifold, as well as the turbo system designed and built with the stock hood in mind. I like custom or aftermarket body kits and panels, but I've always thought the Vette's looked great in stock form. The 80-82 body style has always been one of my favorite auto body shapes as it is.
Old 01-07-2003, 08:26 PM
Twin_Turbo
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Do you still have the crossfire bage on yours? Mine doesn't have them but I'm thinking about putting them back on :)

Marck
Old 01-07-2003, 08:33 PM
NHvette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Re: Ceramic Coating (Twin_Turbo)

Very nice looking .... time for a new avatar. :cheers:

Yeah - stock looking until you open the hood !! :crazy:

Actually, it should be easy to tell, since everyone that peeks under there
will be drooling all over the fenders. Drooling fenders == Hyper Sleeper.

Keep it up !! :seeya
Old 01-20-2003, 07:53 PM
Monty
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Ceramic Coating (NHvette)

I don't have the Corssfire script on the fenders anymore, but I have the front and rear "82" crossed flags, so any savy Corvette'er would know it was an '82. I'm having new emblems CNC made for the sides, "427TT" (similar to the ZO6 emblem) from polished stainless that will snap into the original holes.

Picked up the headers today, I should have it all back together and road ready this weekend.

How long 'till Spring in Chicago?........

[Modified by Monty, 7:01 PM 1/20/2003]
Old 01-20-2003, 08:17 PM
C3 Shark Tank
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This may seem like a dumb question, but why coat the outside of the headers and not the inside? BTW, the coated parts in the pics are :cool: :thumbs:
Old 01-20-2003, 09:03 PM
Monty
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Ceramic Coating (C3 Shark Tank)

It could potentially flake off inside the tube, and pass though the turbine causing damage. I only coated the headers for appearance to match the rest of the turbo system. Thanks, it's nice to be done. All I have to do now is install the seats and I'm ready for Spring.

Get notified of new replies

To Ceramic Coating

Quick Reply: Ceramic Coating