C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tech Info Requestors: My Computer is Down!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2003, 04:15 PM
lars
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: At my Bar drinking and wrenching in Lafayette Colorado
Received 4,924 Likes on 1,930 Posts

Default Tech Info Requestors: My Computer is Down!

I receive and answer 20-40 e-mail tech requests per day from members here on the C3 and the C1/C2 Forums - lots of fun "talking" to all of the enthusiasts and working with people on some pretty interesting issues! But my home computer just crashed 2 days ago, so I can't get to my e-mail right now. I'm up and running in "safe" mode, so there is hope to save my stuff (and I'm all backed up on my tech info stuff), but I can't get to or respond to your e-mails right now. If you've written to me with a question in the last few days and have not received a response, it's not because I'm blowing you off - I'm just down for a few days until I get up and running again... I'll respond to your questions just as quick as I can. Sorry about the delay!

Lars in Denver
Bartender & Drinking Instructor for the
Colorado Corvette Crazies (CCC)
"The Ultimate Corvette Tuning and Beer Drinking Fraternity"

[Modified by lars, 3:16 PM 1/7/2003]
Old 01-07-2003, 08:30 PM
Nomad78SA
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Tech Info Requestors: My Computer is Down! (lars)

Hope all comes out well for you Lars on the puter. Met a guy Saturday night at our local cruise in here in Clarksville Tn that had a 71 corvette ragtop, blue and sweet. We were looking at it and I noticed he had a HEI system. Turns out he bought the car in Colorado and a guy named Lars installed it in it for him and tuned it up. Got a big smile on my face for he seemed suprised I knew who Lars was here in Tn. Yea, I got a recurve kit from him in my 78 and a bunch of his papers. Lars helped me out with my 68 GTO too. We talked about you or I listened to him talk about you. Nothing but awesome comments about you..Cars are toys compared to rocket propulsion I guess :lol: Brian Russell is the guy I met and he is here on the forum too.
It is a small world when the name Lars is used.
Neil in Tenn

[Modified by Nomad78SA, 7:31 PM 1/7/2003]
Old 01-07-2003, 09:17 PM
spokewrench
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: Tech Info Requestors: My Computer is Down! (Nomad78SA)

Hope your up and running soon Lars, Maybe it (Computer) needs some richer secondary rods to handle all the tech e-mails-

Lee & Andrea
Old 01-08-2003, 11:09 AM
lars
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: At my Bar drinking and wrenching in Lafayette Colorado
Received 4,924 Likes on 1,930 Posts

Default Re: Tech Info Requestors: My Computer is Down! (spokewrench)

Neil -
I've found over the years that the whole Vette & GTO enthusiast "community" is pretty tight - if they got us all together in one place, I think we'd all be amazed as to how many names and people we would know and recognize. That's certainly part of the fun of this whole hobby. Glad you guys had a good get-together out there, and hope you downed a few beers for me inthe process! :cheers:

Lee -
I should be up and running by the end of this week with a little help from my BSEE son. Just as long as we don't let the Magic Smoke out of the computer.... :eek:

Get notified of new replies

To Tech Info Requestors: My Computer is Down!

Quick Reply: Tech Info Requestors: My Computer is Down!