C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is Ecklers willing to do for my Business???????[Rant]

Old 01-07-2003, 02:00 PM
BeachinVette
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What is Ecklers willing to do for my Business???????[Rant]

I started Saturday working on the 79 (white). I had purchased a caliper rebuild kit from Vette Brakes I was intending to just rebuild the calipers since they where replaced in 95 and the paperwork I have say's they were replaced with SS. The car had sat most of the time after that. I figured the seals were just bad. By the way I ordered the rebuild kit from VB&P and it was shipped that day and I received it the next day :cheers: .
Well to get to the story now. I pulled the front left caliper and took it apart. Much to my supprize it did not have SS calipers on it. So I jump online go directly to Ecklers web page they are about 40 miles north of me. I see the SS kit for $399.00 so I call ask if they have it in stock and what time do they close. It was Noon exactly when I called. The Gentelman on the other end say's 1:00pm. I said I can make it I live 40 miles south I will jump on I-95 and see you in about 50 minutes. He said we close the show room at exactly 1:00pm. I said ok I can make it. So I am on 95 doing 85 to get there. I call Ecklers back and ask which is the best exit to get off to get there the fastest. ( I was talking to a different Gentelman this time) He said exit 79. turn right go to US 1 turn right we are 1/4 mile on the right. I said great I am on my way and will be there before 1:00 pm he said "you'll make it".
Well I get off at exit 79 turn right there is some traffic it is 12:45 pm so I call back to Ecklers and talk to a different Gentelman again. I tell him I am within 2 miles I will be there in 10 minutes he said "I am in the back so I do not know what is going on up front". ( I did not give that statement much thought since this was the third different guy I have talked to an I was real close. Well I pull into the parking lot at EXACTLY 12:55pm. They are closed :mad :mad I call again standing at the front door I said look I am at the front door and it is not 1:00pm yet?? :confused: :confused: Please open the door so I can get my calipers Please. I have been talking to you all the way up here at least three of you in there knew I was coming. He say's sorry we are closed and everyone has left :confused: :confused: :mad :mad I said what time did you close he said 1:00pm I said :mad :mad It is not 1:00 pm yet. I see people walking around inside. He said sorry we are closed. I will never do business with them again EVER! They knew I was coming I can't believe the did me that way. My truck clock and watch had before 1:00 pm.
Bob
Old 01-07-2003, 02:14 PM
Chris@VetteFinders
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: What is Ecklers willing to do for my Business???????[Rant] (76 Red)

Lovely. We resell some Ecklers products and have encounted kind of the same thing. We get bad-mouted to one of our big clients from a higher-up at Ecklers. We are a pretty decent sized reseller. Why shoot yourself in the foot like that?

P.S. I wonder if Ecklers is a supporting vendor?
Old 01-07-2003, 02:19 PM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 141 Likes on 124 Posts

Default Re: What is Ecklers willing to do for my Business???????[Rant] (Chris@VetteFinders)

I have never had any luck with them either..........I stick with TLD locally..Plus Ecklers is WAY overpriced on everything
Old 01-07-2003, 02:34 PM
BeachinVette
Drifting

Default Re: What is Ecklers willing to do for my Business???????[Rant] (Alwyn678)

I have used them a ton since they are close I can run up there and get parts no waiting. I also use others when I don't need the part right now!. I felt like I needed the parts right now or I would not have been doing 85 on I-95. Now I just will not get in a hurry anymore.
Bob
Old 01-07-2003, 02:38 PM
LAvetteman
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Contributor

Default Re: What is Ecklers willing to do for my Business???????[Rant] (Alwyn678)

I have never had any luck with them either..........I stick with TLD locally..Plus Ecklers is WAY overpriced on everything
Ecklers is a supporting dealer, TLD isn't. I have always been happy with Ecklers, but what happened to you 76 is wrong, I agree. Let someone higher up know what happened, not the peon that wanted to go home. I have waited for customers many times in my line of work, it works out well for everyone. Now if you were someone that always calls for free information and never buys anything until closing time on a weekend, I would have locked the door early and stood behind the glass smiling and saying NEENER NEENER NEENER. :jester :lol:
Old 01-07-2003, 02:41 PM
Mystery Machine
Drifting

That stinks! I have never had bad experiences with them but I do not doubt for a minute what you are saying is true. However, I always did think thier hours were screwy. The cool thing about living in Brevard county is that we can pick stuff up there in person but unfortunately we have to work around thier hours. :(

BTW - I work in Titusville (KSC) about 15 mins from Ecklers and live in Cocoa Beach so if you ever need something picked up I'd be glad to get it and hold it for you or meet you later somewhere closer to Palm Bay (my brother lives in PB too). I know you said you'd never do business with them again but if you're ever in a pinch. ;)
Old 01-07-2003, 03:03 PM
Robd
Pro

Default Re: What is Ecklers willing to do for my Business???????[Rant] (71,454,4spd)

I to live in Palm Bay and shop at Eckler's for the convenience. 15 years ago the people at the counter were great. You would be looking for a 1968 door handle or something and may only have one in stock and they tell you I will put your name on it and put it behind the counter. Ecklers has changed a lot over the years and not necessarily for the betters, which is too bad for us since we live so close.

[Modified by Robd, 3:13 PM 1/7/2003]
Old 01-07-2003, 03:08 PM
BeachinVette
Drifting

Default Re: What is Ecklers willing to do for my Business???????[Rant] (Mystery Machine)

Thanks Mystery
I am pretty good at banning places that forget what a customer brings into their place of business. Cash!!!
I have used this statement in places of business before to the person behind the counter.. [Quote] "A lesson in economics. Your boss must know this. You are OVERHEAD. I am INCOME. You do the math!".
I banned Wal-Mart for 2 years. And Istill will not set foot or gas up at a place that I have to pay before I pump during day light hours. I just won't do it.
Bob
Old 01-07-2003, 03:14 PM
BeachinVette
Drifting

Default Re: What is Ecklers willing to do for my Business???????[Rant] (Robd)

Robd
I agree. I went in a few weeks ago to buy the elbow cushion for between my seats. Price $39.95. I said I need Firethorne red. They said We don't carry colors. :confused: I said what colors do you have?? :confused:. I can't remember what she said but I knew I was talking to someone I did not want to talk to very long. She said we will have to ship it to you. It cost me for a $39.95 item $55.00. I could not believe it. I am definately going to shop else where from now on.
By the way I bought SS calipers through AutoZone for $93.00 ea for fronts. And $53.00 ea for the rears. Same calipers Ecklers carries. And this particular store only had 1 front. So the salesman (Rob @ Malibar rd AutoZone) drove to the store on Babcock a couple miles away and picked up the other caliper from that store and met me back at the Malibar store. I called on my way south from Titusville. Great people over their. And they have a 1 year warrenty with them. I do not buy Master cylinders their though.
Bob

[Modified by 76 Red, 3:19 PM 1/7/2003]
Old 01-07-2003, 03:17 PM
fauxrs
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sorry to hear about your experience. I dont often deal with Eckler's but when I do it usually is a good experience. I recently ordered sidepipe covers for my car. They shipped mistakenly to the wrong address, which may not have been their fault anyway.

FEDEX HOME DELIVERY attempted to deliver to the incorrect address and was turned away by the person there. They immediately called my office number (saturday so i wasnt there) got no answer and got permission to return the package to the sender.

I called FEDEX on monday they said since permission to return the package was made, that I couldnt call fro redelivery, that I had to speak with the shipper. I called Ecklers and they promptly fixed the problem - they should deliver today.

Customer service has declined in America over the last decade, I cant count how many times rotten customer service has pissed me off. I would be willing to bet if Management found out, you would get a prompt apology, but probably little more.
Old 01-07-2003, 03:21 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Received 83 Likes on 58 Posts
Cruise-In IV-V-VI-VII-VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03, '06, '17

Well - they are overpriced.... but they have a pretty good selection...

:cheers:

Olivier
Old 01-07-2003, 03:23 PM
BeachinVette
Drifting

Default Re: What is Ecklers willing to do for my Business???????[Rant] (fauxrs)

fauxrs
I will shoot them an email tonight while at work, Good thing about working the night shift. :D :D
I really do not want an apology from them. But maybe with complaints their customer service will improve for other people that shop there.
Bob
Old 01-07-2003, 03:25 PM
BeachinVette
Drifting

Default Re: What is Ecklers willing to do for my Business???????[Rant] (GrandSportC3)

Oliver
I am going to be ordering a complete weatherstripping package from TLD. I was going to buy it from Ecklers they have it on sale. But at this point I would rather pay more than spend my money with them.
Bob
Old 01-07-2003, 03:49 PM
Fasteighty
Pro

I have used Ecklers from time to time since they are only about 25 miles away from me in Orlando and they have been pretty good most of the time. I did have a rather crappy introduction to Ecklers when I first got my vette though. I had just picked up the car and drove down the next weekend to get a few small interior parts that needed to be replaced, so here I was...a new very excited C3 owner and I get to the counter and the guy behind the counter says half jokingly "So you got one of those older slower vettes huh?" "I will be right with you after I get some real vette parts for this guy over here"(C5 owner). I thought jezzz that was real nice. What a nice first impression. I have been back only sparingly to buy.
Old 01-07-2003, 03:56 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Received 83 Likes on 58 Posts
Cruise-In IV-V-VI-VII-VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03, '06, '17

Oliver
I am going to be ordering a complete weatherstripping package from TLD. I was going to buy it from Ecklers they have it on sale. But at this point I would rather pay more than spend my money with them.
Bob
Well - there are certain parts that I wouldn't buy at Ecklers because they are just too expensive.. this includes interior and weatherstripping..
Ecklers however - has parts that other vendors just don't have... so - they are my source for hard to find parts..

:cheers:

Olivier
Old 01-07-2003, 03:59 PM
Mystery Machine
Drifting

Stupid question...who/what is TLD? :confused:
Old 01-07-2003, 04:09 PM
BeachinVette
Drifting

Default Re: What is Ecklers willing to do for my Business???????[Rant] (Mystery Machine)

The Last Detail. Corvette parts
Bob

Get notified of new replies

To What is Ecklers willing to do for my Business???????[Rant]

Old 01-07-2003, 04:11 PM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 141 Likes on 124 Posts

Stupid question...who/what is TLD? :confused:
http://www.tld-corvette.com/
Old 01-07-2003, 04:14 PM
Mystery Machine
Drifting

THANKS!
Old 01-07-2003, 04:22 PM
fauxrs
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: What is Ecklers willing to do for my Business???????[Rant] (Fasteighty)

says half jokingly "So you got one of those older slower vettes huh?" "I will be right with you after I get some real vette parts for this guy over here"(C5 owner).
And your response wasnt "no thats ok, I just came to see what kind of butts work here" and then walk out.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What is Ecklers willing to do for my Business???????[Rant]