C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dual Exhaust Bracket

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2003, 09:50 AM
tim_briz
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual Exhaust Bracket

I was getting dual exhaust put on my 76 Saturday ( 50 series flowmasters dual outlet) and the installer told ne that I needed a hanger that mounts to the transmission mount and craddles the exhaust just as it passes through the frame. I don't have this bracket since the car was origninally a single exhaust setup. Does everyone else run this. I understand that it keeps the exhust pipes moving with the frame to keep them centered in the exhaust pass through holes. Just wondered if others used it and if anyone has a picture of it. I was going to try and manufacture one up. Thanks.

Tim

[Modified by tim_briz, 2:51 PM 1/7/2003]
Old 01-07-2003, 09:54 AM
Gordonm
Race Director

Received 754 Likes on 464 Posts

Default Re: Dual Exhaust Bracket (tim_briz)

The installer of mine took this piece out and welded a tab on the pipes. He then attached this to the frame on the backside of the trans crossmember. This made the system much more solid than the other type of bracket you are talking about. It makes it a little cleaner under there for working on the trans and shifter also. Easily removed by just two bolts into the crossmember.
I could email you two pictures of this if you want. I think I have two fairly good shots of this.

[Modified by Gordonm, 9:56 AM 1/7/2003]
Old 01-07-2003, 10:16 AM
L82-JWS
Racer

Hi, I added dual exhaust to my 79. I purchased the bracket you are looking for from Mid-America. It is listed as part of the 74 and older exhaust systems. You can check online, I will look tonite for pn if you need. It bolts right in to crossmember and clamps to pipes, it was an exact fit. :cool:
Old 01-07-2003, 11:44 AM
tim_briz
Advanced

Default Re: Dual Exhaust Bracket (Gordonm)

If you have the pics handy then email them to me at tim_briz@hotmail.com. Thanks for your help.
Old 01-07-2003, 04:22 PM
gmcclurg
Racer

When I changed my 77 dual pipes, I bought what they called a "half bracket" Kind of a "C" shaped thing that bolts to the transmission and the pipe hangs from it. The other pipe used the hanger that held the Cat Convert. I have seen the bracket in either Ecklers of MAD. If you need help send me an email

Get notified of new replies

To Dual Exhaust Bracket

Quick Reply: Dual Exhaust Bracket