C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Long term commitment or just a stepping stone?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2003, 02:13 AM
WillRace4Food
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Long term commitment or just a stepping stone?

Which is it for you. Do you plan on keeping your current vette forever or will it be sold to move on to the next car. Me..i'm keeping mine.

I bought this car back in Jan 1988 with the help of my dad. I was home from college for the christmas break and my current car(74 Nova) was acting up. Dad woke me up the day after new years and said lets go get you a car. Ended up in jackson Ms. and drove many cars that day. He didn't want a vette..he wanted something that would be trouble free. Well after a day of turning my nose up...beggin and pleading, I finally go him to go to Horis slay auto sales(corvette dealership) We found my car there and took it for a drive. It was love at first drive for me. Dad was still iffy so i agreed to trade my car in and to pay him what he bought the car for when I got out of school. That was the start of this long journey. I used it as a daily driver for about 4 years. It was retired for a while after that and sat around some more....but I still have it. I get on spurts where I work on it/drive it more and I'm about to give it the full treatment and get it the way I want it. Ive owned 2 other corvettes since then but this one I will never sale..both the other two are gone now. This was my first. I knew the day I got it that i would keep it forever.

Whats it like for you guys. I personally think I'm kinda sick :p:

Tim

[Modified by WillRace4Food, 7:15 AM 1/7/2003]

[Modified by WillRace4Food, 7:18 AM 1/7/2003]

Quick Reply: Long term commitment or just a stepping stone?