C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's this car worth....69 400 air coupe?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2003, 10:29 PM
Solidlifters
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default What's this car worth....69 400 air coupe?

What's this car worth?
400 HP, 4speed, white, red vinyl, power steering, power brakes.

Previous owner bought from original owner in 1970. Present owner for 15+ years, in inside storage. 2nd owner had some front end damage and rear also, not involving frame. R front fender was previously replaced with SMC panel, now removed. NOS PM GM front fender included. Tail light panel was also replaced with SMC GM replacement which is still intact, but perfect used PM panel is included also. The car is GUARANTEED to have the original block, heads, intake, outer carbs (mid has been replaced), fast idle solenoid, transmission, rear, and a VERY NICE build sheet, still on the tank which is out of the car an boxed. The engine is dis assembled and needs a sleeve because of a wrist pin score that I don't think boring would clear. There are some components missing, like smog pump, compressor, and possibly some brackets. It is still assembled except for the engine, bumpers and aforementioned items. It needs and deserves a chassis out resto.
Old 01-06-2003, 10:55 PM
J75
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What's this car worth....69 400 air coupe? (Solidlifters)

A true 69 bb with air is a bit rare.I looked at one in similar condition here and he wants $12k for it.
Old 01-07-2003, 12:22 AM
Solidlifters
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: What's this car worth....69 400 air coupe? (J75)

Thanks for the reply. I've been thinking of thinning some projects and hoping the concensus on this particular one might be mid teens, if I do in fact decide to sell several. My wife keeps saying that I ought to keep this one, being one of very few hydraulic lifter cars I own. Her thinking is that as I get older the factory air lack of maintenance are gonna look pretty good compared to the solid lifter cars. Right now it seems a long way off.

Get notified of new replies

To What's this car worth....69 400 air coupe?

Quick Reply: What's this car worth....69 400 air coupe?