C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

are merlin's dyno results up?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2003, 12:42 PM
ZiVvmO
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default are merlin's dyno results up?

i read the lets all diss merlin thread, and saw the part about the dyno on dec 26.

search found nothing with merlin or dyno. just wondering (i do believe im not alone either)

Old 01-06-2003, 01:33 PM
tshort
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 7-8 Veteran

Default Re: are merlin's dyno results up? (ZiVvmO)

I've been wondering the same thing. I hope Steve didn't take to heart what those punks on the LS1 forum were saying. Even if the dyno is bad video, or there were minor problems, etc I'd still like to see it.
Course, I bet Steve is really busy too and may just not have had the time to put the videos or results up yet. I'm sure they will come soon.
....I for one am anxiously awaiting. My guess with the low boost he's got setup for the street is 1221hp. Don't ask, the number just came from my **** :lol:
Anyone else want to guess??? :confused:
Old 01-06-2003, 05:01 PM
gkull
Team Owner

Received 1,330 Likes on 1,058 Posts

Default Re: are merlin's dyno results up? (tshort)

I will answer for Steve, because I know he won't mind. Steve took on a big project that got out of hand. It was only his stubborn personal drive that saw it through till the end. :) Any of the rest of us would have quit way before completion just because of the phenomenal cost. So anybody that has given him poopie about such a well documented project is missing the big picture.

IMO – The big picture is: He set out to do what he wanted to do and he has nothing to prove to any of us. He is a genuinely nice person and a winner in my book!
--------------------------------"QUOTE"-------------------------------------

. I spent all last week out at my friend’s house dyno’ing the car. It was quite fun, but it made me realize that I simply don’t have the time for this car. It needs to be with someone who can spend the time & take care of it. We were able to make some pretty amazing numbers last week, but never got to the full potential of the car. I was being way to ginger on the car because I didn’t want to break anything. We never did have enough time to get it tuned up right & we kept melting #3 plug. With arcing plugs, bad air fuel mixtures & about ¾ throttle, the car put out 900 pounds of torque – at 3,200 rpm & only 13 pounds of boost! I know the car is good for well over 1,200.

[Modified by gkull, 4:11 PM 1/6/2003]
Old 01-06-2003, 05:11 PM
groovyjay
Le Mans Master

Received 169 Likes on 91 Posts

Default Re: are merlin's dyno results up? (gkull)

So he's thinking about selling the car now? :( Sounds like he managed to get some pretty impressive figures, despite the few minor problems. I hope nothing but the best for Steve no matter what he decides to do with the car. True gentleman in my book! :cheers:

Thanks George for posting that. :cheers:

[Modified by groovyjay, 4:13 PM 1/6/2003]
Old 01-06-2003, 05:21 PM
tshort
Melting Slicks

CI 7-8 Veteran

gkull - From the odd angle of your new pic in your signature it makes your car look like a stretch. Odd how an angle can make something look totally different than it really is. Bad-butt car man :thumbs:
Old 01-07-2003, 04:13 AM
bowtie racing
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: are merlin's dyno results up? (ZiVvmO)

Well after all rumble of it i was hopeing to see bigger numbers and some perfect WOT curve . I hope he will solve all small things and dyno it for more.
I still cant understand why it wasnt tuned and dynoed at real dyno first!?!
Old 01-07-2003, 10:16 AM
gkull
Team Owner

TShort - The Daytona nose is longer and 150 lbs lighter. So much out in front that it very easy to hit when pulling into up angle driveways. Digital cameras when on zoom do distort depth.

You'll have to tell us all the minute your 383 is in!:) I know that you'll never want a 355 ever again.
Old 01-07-2003, 12:16 PM
tshort
Melting Slicks

CI 7-8 Veteran

Oh man, I can't wait. Even though I'm still waiting on the engine for a few weeks I've been doing everything I can to get everything else ready so I can just drop the engine in. As soon as my ignition gets in, I'm going to wire it in. I'm thinking about mounting it to the fan bracing on the passenger side so that it stays cool. I haven't decided yet since I don't know if my existing radiator is going to work. I'd hate to mount the Crane there and then have to move it for a bigger radiator. I'll keep you guys informed and update my website.
:cheers:
Old 01-07-2003, 01:32 PM
gkull
Team Owner

I have the Crane 6R mounted infront of the passenger wiper arm. I used a 1 inch hole saw to punch a hole through the fire wall for the wires. It's in the cold and out of the sun and weather. The power is also a snap because it's nearly a straight shot down to the starter. Your also outside of all the distributer and plug wire EMF.

What's so nice about the Crane digitals is the weather proof jacks are made so you can unplug the input and output. then plug them together and the box is out of the system and your on the road in less than 5 minutes. MSD left me stranded once
Old 01-07-2003, 03:02 PM
tshort
Melting Slicks

CI 7-8 Veteran

What's so nice about the Crane digitals is the weather proof jacks are made so you can unplug the input and output. then plug them together and the box is out of the system and your on the road in less than 5 minutes. MSD left me stranded once
Right, but the MSD Pro Billet says it needs an ignition system for it to run. So if I had to do that I'd still be up a creek. Right?
Old 01-07-2003, 05:13 PM
gkull
Team Owner

I'm not sure how to answer that?????????????????

If your car runs fine without a multi spark box and you don't put one in, will it still run?

All you need to make a ProBillet, Unilite, or............................ distibuter to work is a coil, power source, and ballast resister to keep from burning it up. Your multispark is an addition to your existing working ignition system.
Old 01-07-2003, 05:27 PM
tshort
Melting Slicks

CI 7-8 Veteran

Well, that makes sense, but in the catalogues it says must be used with MSD ignition or other CD ignition.???

Get notified of new replies

To are merlin's dyno results up?

Quick Reply: are merlin's dyno results up?