C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Items of interest about Corvette Forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2003, 07:55 PM
phxraptor
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Items of interest about Corvette Forum

I am fairly new here so everyone involved can think what they want about me,it will not bother me in the least. I do not have any friends here,I do not know Troy or any of the moderators. I think that the people that have acted like less than high school age children need to mature. This site is OWNED by one person and HE and only He has the right to determine what happens on this forum. Perhaps if he has read someones IM then those people that have been offended should use email,the phone or snail mail to communicate. Maybe they are offended because like a child they are angry because they were caught saying things that should not have been said. I believe the rules of joining this forum should state any and all communications between any members can be monitered by the administrator at any time. Just as he does to keep this a clean site in any other manor. Its his money that keeps this place that we enjoy for FREE. If he gets SUED are YOU ALL going to also share in his expenses?? I THINK NOT!! Grow up and act like the adults we are all supposed to be! Those of you who have left here and turned your backs on Troy and YOUR FRIENDS,and those of YOU who have become a JUDAS to this forum I say we are better of WITHOUT YOU!! :mad
Old 01-05-2003, 08:08 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Default Re: Items of interest about Corvette Forum (phxraptor)

I am not sure what posts you are referring to, and I agree that some responses hit below the belt, but after being on this forum for @ 4 yrs. I have learned many things from many ppl. here and the one common thread that cuts through all of these posts are is the passion that the members hold for their vettes. Sometimes that passion comes through in "less than ideal" replies, whatever ideal being, and with many of these forum spats an incredible amount of knowledge is put in print. The CF is a business and with any business the owner(s) have to meet or exceed their clients needs, wants and desires. Without the thousands of members who regularily post and reply there would be no advertisers, then as we have seen in many pay for use forums very little activity, so the bottom line is that the owner(s) really do not in the end control this forum, it is the members continued belief that there is real or percieved value to themselves to keep logging in and keeping the # of visits up. But as always this is JMHO. :cheers:
Old 01-05-2003, 08:12 PM
Rolling Thunder
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03

While I agree with most of what you said, I believe that Troy has handled this subject well in Off Topic. He locked it there after many pages of discussion. No offense, but I think we'd do just as well to let the Owner, admins and mods work this out. There is not going to be a mass exodus from the forum and those that do leave, sorry, but :seeya :seeya

I've been on this forum since 99 and there is nothing that even comes close to it, or to the people that frequent it.

Just my .02
Dave
Old 01-05-2003, 08:16 PM
Paul L
Team Owner

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

More than 99% of the people here are quite rational. And appreciate Troy's interest in Corvettes and his business interest in the Forum. What got you stirred up?
Old 01-05-2003, 08:27 PM
Schmucker
Melting Slicks

I recognize that most of the people here are middle-aged guys so I give them the same respect I give other middle-aged guys, even if they speak with great ignorance. Other forums with clearly a younger fanbase I will point out their stupidity and such with great prejudice, just like they would do to me (if I ever exhibited it ;)). I don't see much irrational behavior on this forum, atleast not in C3.
Old 01-05-2003, 08:34 PM
PROSOUTH
Drifting

Location: Manchester, Dead Center in the Middle of TN 25 miles to Jack Daniels,10 miles to Geo Dickle, and .8 mile from the Liquor Store at I-24 Exit 114
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

First on the list was the behavior of some or attitude.

Which seems to have taken care of its self.

Second The posting of links to non-advertisers.

I think this was addresed rather well, a little late maybe, but it has I believe been worked out for the time being. I believe that an understanding was also reached, which is more than we had before.

Third A TECH or MOD section.

I voted no at first and then changed my mind to agree to a second stage of C-3. I understand the frustration of Forum members having to sort through the various post that some feel are unimportant. I also realize that the other C-4 & C-5 forums have the section that was requested here.

However it seems that for the time being "The Dead Horse Will Not be Beaten Anymore" (for a while I hope) and the establishment of a title identifier has been established. All of the turmoil we have endured of late has all came out to the good of the Forum. IMHO

I enjoy all I read here and have learned much in the last year from you guys and have made several friends worldwide. I also like the entertainment available here, it is very entertaining sometimes, very very.

So lighten up and enjoy the ride, Everything has a little rough spot sometimes but we will endure. Oh yeah, Welcome to the Corvette World. Anything I can help you with jus' let me or one of the guys know. JIM :seeya
Old 01-05-2003, 08:43 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Default wrong forum newbie!! (just kidding)

Yes, you are new to the forum and know nothing of it's history. You don't realize that many of the people who frequent the C3 forum (this place right here) don't even go to Off Topic and have no idea what you are talking about!!! :lol: What you also don't understand is that many people spend so much time on this forum it becomes a very important part of their life so they take the goings on here very very seriously. And the 2 guys that got bounced out of their admin jobs have invested huge huge amounts of their own time and energy (really, their LIVES!) into this forum so I can understand that they are upset. Yes, Troy owns the forum and he is the head guy and he has the financial stake in it, but if anything that makes it more painful for the guys who are summarily dismissed after living and breathing corvetteforum for a couple of years and serving as unpaid volunteers. My one and only point here is that you can't come in and read thru the thread in off topic and say, "gee whiz, what a bunch of crybabies and what's all this fuss about? get a life! " ....... and this thread doesnt even belong here!! :lol: MJ

WOW, at least I proved my point that we have no idea what you are talking about!!! At least I dont!! :lol: Is it closing Kill Stories? The Admin debacle? (These were the off topic issues), or the nonsupporting forum link issue (ultimately a non-issue), or the split it/dont split it or I am leaving issue?? Geeeeez do we have problems!!! Anybody want Troys job?? :) MJ

[Modified by MNJack, 8:47 PM 1/5/2003]
Old 01-05-2003, 08:53 PM
67HEAVEN
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: wrong forum newbie!! (MNJack)

MNJack

[quote]871312 posts[/b]

Wow........you been busy. :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 01-05-2003, 09:30 PM
JRD77VET
Team Owner

St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10

Default Re: wrong forum newbie!! (67HEAVEN)

MNJack

871312 posts[/b]

Wow........you been busy. :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol:
He's been typing so fast his fingers melted together :yesnod:

He now has two flippers :jester

:seeya :D JRD77VET

Old 01-05-2003, 09:49 PM
Flareside
Safety Car

Default Re: wrong forum newbie!! (MNJack)

Geez, Off Topic battles, closed forums, and dismissed admins? I guess I'm one of the people that has no idea what this is about. Off to Off Topic for an update... :lol:
Old 01-05-2003, 10:52 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Default Re: wrong forum newbie!! (Flareside)

Geez, Off Topic battles, closed forums, and dismissed admins? I guess I'm one of the people that has no idea what this is about. Off to Off Topic for an update... :lol:
Got throught 2 of the 5 pages, don't quite know what to say 'bout it all other than I luv my vette but have no desire to get obsessed with it or this forum. :lol:
Old 01-06-2003, 01:24 AM
LAvetteman
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Contributor

Default Re: wrong forum newbie!! (gdh)

I wanted to post a reply to the thread, but while I was reading the 9 PAGES it got locked down. :lol:

IMO its not rocket science. Some sections might get closed, totally up to management. Administration will change, again totally up to management.

And as for the "you read an IM" BS those who communicated things they didn't want the boss to hear are stu..... didn't think about it much.

If I own a business and an employee or a customer is borrowing my telephone to say bad things about me, you better believe I will listen in AND act upon what I learn from it, its my freaking phone and my business and if you don't like it, let the door **** hit you where the dog shoulda bit you.

Its all up to the boss man, you don't have to like his ways, but you play by them.

And I think it is very healthy that the administration has the attitude "if you don't like it, GO". Alot of businesses are soft at first and then firm up, the truth is there comes a point where YOU HAVE TO FIRM UP.
Old 01-06-2003, 02:06 AM
fauxrs
Le Mans Master

Default Re: wrong forum newbie!! (71,454,4spd)

I wanted to post a reply to the thread, but while I was reading the 9 PAGES it got locked down. :lol:

IMO its not rocket science. Some sections might get closed, totally up to management. Administration will change, again totally up to management.
I agree.

The device has yet to be invented that can measure my indifference to the loss of the Kill Stories section (or the impending loss of the Babes - soft **** section) that indifference includes all of those who obviously got thier panties all in a bunch about it.

As to the loss of moderators, I dont have enough to even be able to form an opinion on the matter - and I dont care to either.

As to the possibility of people reading my IM's - have at it - if I could I'd make them available to all - I'm very careful about my communications online.

I've been accused of being PC, and in some respects that may be true. However my real life (in person) freinds, would look at you in stark amasement if they heard you say such a thing. I am opinionated, crochety, suspicious of everything, skeptical and love a good argument. However I DONOT bring that with me online. My blood pressure is high enough as it is and since you cant convince ill informed people of their errors, I refuse to try. I am simply not that eloquant (sp?)

So to those that left in a huff over the goings on recently, I say fare you well and I hope you can find a place where you can voice your opinions as freely as you wish. To those that remain, I hope you believe that the changes are for the best, or at the very least that you can find some good in what remains.
Old 01-06-2003, 02:15 AM
DJ Dep
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'07

Well heck Flareside...I figured it was something you or I said that he was talking about :D
I assumed (uh-oh...you know what that word means) that part of the reference was to my 302 post. But on second thought, there've been a LOT of posts by a lot of guys that could be said to be controversial or politically incorrect. Guess I'll join you in Off Topic and find out what is going on ;)
Let's go rock the boat!!! Hehehe.

Dep
Old 01-06-2003, 02:18 AM
Steve Straus
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 01-06-2003, 08:55 AM
Flareside
Safety Car

Default Re: wrong forum newbie!! (Dep)

Well heck Flareside...I figured it was something you or I said that he was talking about :D
I assumed (uh-oh...you know what that word means) that part of the reference was to my 302 post. But on second thought, there've been a LOT of posts by a lot of guys that could be said to be controversial or politically incorrect. Guess I'll join you in Off Topic and find out what is going on ;)
Let's go rock the boat!!! Hehehe.

Dep
:lol:

Heck, this makes our little C3 tech disagreements look tame.

IMO, the guys that will voice their opinion around here are the ones that make it enjoyable and informative, even if I don't always agree with their opinion. PLEASE, tell it like you see it!

:lurk:
Old 01-06-2003, 10:31 AM
flood
Race Director

Yeah, its a bummer that we have to abide by rules that limit our freedom of speech. Its too bad that there have to be rules like that in order to keep the forum going.

I guess it really doesn't matter not being able to voice your opinion about something openly. :crazy: Oh well. Gotta play by the rules
Old 01-06-2003, 10:41 AM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Re: wrong forum newbie!! (flood)

Steve, You know we are "old technology" (= slow) over here in C3!! :lol:
I cant tell you how many times I have found some shocking late breaking news and I go over to OT and the topic has already been posted and dropped off the first page! :) MJ

Get notified of new replies

To Items of interest about Corvette Forum

Quick Reply: Items of interest about Corvette Forum