C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forum answers all, Right? I need a new printer for my computer, your input would be appreciated..

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2003, 12:37 PM
Garson
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forum answers all, Right? I need a new printer for my computer, your input would be appreciated..

My old POS printer has blown a gasket, I am in search of a new color printer. Do I want one of the new fancy multi function machines or just a straight printer? I do have a budget of about $250.00. I am running windows 98. Any advise would be well taken. On the bright side,I am going to take the Vette to pick up my new printer as it is a beautiful sunny(and warm) day in Central Oregon. Thanks...........

Garson
Old 01-05-2003, 01:02 PM
Monkeywrench
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Forum answers all, Right? I need a new printer for my computer,

I just gopt the HP PSC 2210. It's a fax, scanner and printer in one. I thoguht the photo quality would be sacrificed by the extra gadgets but it's fantastic. On photo paper you can hardly tell the difference between the original and copy. The best part is you don't even need to have the computer on to make copies of photos...

[Modified by Monkeywrench, 1:03 PM 1/5/2003]
Old 01-05-2003, 01:17 PM
Smokehouse69
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default Re: Forum answers all, Right? I need a new printer

I really must be a nice guy, because I posted a good long answer with lots of information and it got purged because the reply title was over 110 characters long. :D
Here's the synopsis, I have always had good luck with HP printers. But I have heard rumbling that they are getting pissy about drivers and support on the web. Make sure any printer you get has refillable cartridges and check reviews at this link. http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,581924,00.asp
Good luck!
Old 01-05-2003, 01:49 PM
ddecart
Team Owner

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
SPARTAN
CI 3-4-5-6-8-9-10 Vet
CI-9 AutoX Winner
CI-3 Go Kart Champ
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Whatcha gonna do with it? General printing? Photos?

I have a multi-function machine. It does everything well, but excels at nothing. I like having the sheet-feed scanner and fax machine, but as it is now, I don't print much from that printer, because...

I also have a $200 HP photo printer that i bought specifically for printing photos. It's hooked up to my main computer and does photos + most of any other printing I do.

I'm amazed at how good printers have gotten since I bought mine (Photosmart 1000). Resolution is way up on all of them. It seems like $200 will buy one heck of a nice printer these days.
Old 01-05-2003, 01:53 PM
PROSOUTH
Drifting

Location: Manchester, Dead Center in the Middle of TN 25 miles to Jack Daniels,10 miles to Geo Dickle, and .8 mile from the Liquor Store at I-24 Exit 114
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Default Re: (ddecart)

:iagree: with DeDe, I have the same printer and it is a good value.
Old 01-05-2003, 02:16 PM
pws69
Melting Slicks

Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

Default Re: .... new printer for my computer

LexMark are great, reliable, inexpensive printers. I have several and I have never been disappointed.

Get notified of new replies

To Forum answers all, Right? I need a new printer for my computer, your input would be appreciated..

Quick Reply: Forum answers all, Right? I need a new printer for my computer, your input would be appreciated..