C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

found a performer RPM manifold cheap ...anyone have pros and cons about this product!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2003, 01:21 AM
sharkthehunter77
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default found a performer RPM manifold cheap ...anyone have pros and cons about this product!

I have the regular performer and seems somewhat limited with my choices of cam ( seems comp cam 260H is only real choice). I went to the edlebrock website and it says the RPM wont fit under the stock corvette hood! Yet, finding a way to make it work may give me a better set of cam choices ( more aggressive). I have true dual exhuast and a rebuilt Q-jet with a K&N air filter and i think 3.55 rear end on an automatic tranny. I have great torque already but maybe the RPM will get me to another level entirely. I think i can get thr RPM, a good cam for daily driving/1/4 mile use and maybe some haed work( have he stock heads shaved out a bit? Has anyone tried this, does it make sense? If its a dumb idea tell me know!!!
Old 01-05-2003, 01:46 AM
DaBo
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: found a performer RPM manifold cheap ...anyone have pros and cons about this product

Check out the latest issue of "CHEVY RUMBLE" they have a good article on the new performer EPS. See if it will fit your needs.

[Modified by DaBo, 3:30 AM 1/5/2003]
Old 01-05-2003, 02:46 AM
Bacchus
Safety Car

Default Re: found a performer RPM manifold cheap ...anyone have pros and cons about this product (DaBo)

The RPM is an excellent manifold, much better than either the Performer or Performer EPS. That, of course, depends on having the right cam/exhaust/gears/carb to match. Sounds like you have a good candidate motor for the RPM, but you'll have to get a new carb. I believe the RPM is only available in square-bore style.

If you decide not to keep the intake, let me know, I could use one for one of my other chevy's.

Brian
bacchus@inwave.com
Old 01-05-2003, 03:03 AM
sharkthehunter77
Burning Brakes

Default Re: found a performer RPM manifold cheap ...anyone have pros and cons about this product (Bacchus)

I live i Hawaii and shipping is 8 bucks a pound. This is a huge factor in the mods us poor broke enlisted military vetters have. u see in our club their are 2 types of vetters, those rich guys with expensive fast sharks( Cappy) and us dopey military people with very few -or no mods. I am tryint to eliminate as much shippings from the L48 build up as possible but if my cost/horsepower analysis works in favor of going the RPM rout ( and it looks good) then maybe we could maybe work out a trade!
Old 01-05-2003, 12:10 PM
Ryan77
Drifting

Default Re: found a performer RPM manifold cheap ... this product (sharkthehunter77)

I have the RPM and it's a good manifold, power from 1500-6500 rpm, perfect for most moderate performance cams, like my 268XE, that comes on 1600 rpm. If you're going with something like the 268XE or bigger, it'll be perfect for your needs. And they CAN be had in either spread or squarebore, so it'll work with your Q-jet.
Old 01-05-2003, 12:39 PM
The Money Pit
Melting Slicks

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

Default Re: found a performer RPM manifold cheap ...anyone have pros and cons about this product (DaBo)

The RPM intake fits mine,but I tested the old Performer with a 4" filter element first. The RPM intake is.70 inches taller at the carb flange.This is THE manifold to use for a dual purpose car! By the way,I got the RPM Q-Jet inake because of the 1904 carb I already had.

[Modified by The Money Pit, 5:41 PM 1/5/2003]
Old 01-05-2003, 02:06 PM
GTR1999
Tech Contributor

Received 2,617 Likes on 1,338 Posts

Default Re: found a performer RPM manifold )

Do they make these with both bolt patterns like the performer?
Thanks,
Gary
Old 01-05-2003, 03:46 PM
Ryan77
Drifting

Default Re: found a performer RPM manifold ) (gtr1999)

Do they make these with both bolt patterns like the performer?
Thanks,
Gary
I'm guessing you mean square or spreadbore? If you are then the answer is yes, you can get either one.
Old 01-05-2003, 05:08 PM
SmokedTires
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05

Default Re: found a performer RPM manifold ) (Ryan77)

The rpm is a very nice intake :yesnod: . With some head work & the right cam, you'll really wake your car up :D .
Old 01-05-2003, 05:37 PM
redwingvette
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 140 Likes on 74 Posts

Default Re: found a performer RPM manifold ) (SmokedTires)

The people I talk to say the Performer is better for low-end toruqe (idle- 5500rpm). The RPM is better for mid to top-end. More toltal HP can be had with the RPM. Unless you are planning on using a stall convertor, you may not get the perfomance you are thinking about.
Old 01-05-2003, 05:50 PM
Clink69
Drifting

Default Re: found a performer RPM manifold cheap ... pros and cons about this product! (sharkthehunter77)

First off I would say you will be very happy with that intake... I have the RPM Air Gap and it's great.

Second here is my old posting/pics on how to make it fit... I have the Air gap and a 69 but my hood is even lower than yours... the RPM air gap is the same height as the RPM.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=219513

Chris :flag
Old 01-06-2003, 09:38 AM
Ganey
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: found a performer RPM manifold

I have the regular performer and seems somewhat limited with my choices of cam ( seems comp cam 260H is only real choice). I went to the edlebrock website and it says the RPM wont fit under the stock corvette hood! Yet, finding a way to make it work may give me a better set of cam choices ( more aggressive). I have true dual exhuast and a rebuilt Q-jet with a K&N air filter and i think 3.55 rear end on an automatic tranny. I have great torque already but maybe the RPM will get me to another level entirely. I think i can get thr RPM, a good cam for daily driving/1/4 mile use and maybe some haed work( have he stock heads shaved out a bit? Has anyone tried this, does it make sense? If its a dumb idea tell me know!!!

...I am tryint to eliminate as much shippings from the L48 build up as possible but if my cost/horsepower analysis works in favor of going the RPM rout ( and it looks good) then maybe we could maybe work out a trade!
The RPM intake is not the factor that would change the cam choice in your setup. You can easily run spacers on the Performer.

FYI, Performer 2101 w/ spacers can make 430+. I prefer the RPM over 2101, but is not needed in your setup & situation.

Old 01-06-2003, 12:44 PM
ylose
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: found a performer RPM manifold (Ganey)

I have the RPM setup, and have an air-gap intake....love em.
Had the performer series setup in my car prior to the vette...have always liked the combination, as long as you keep the package together -heads,cam,intake. :cheers:

:eek:

check my link for my setup and pics.....polished intakes are always purdy...

[Modified by ylose, 3:38 PM 1/6/2003]

Get notified of new replies

To found a performer RPM manifold cheap ...anyone have pros and cons about this product!

Quick Reply: found a performer RPM manifold cheap ...anyone have pros and cons about this product!