C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

who provides good ? Cheap classic car insurance

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2003, 04:20 PM
Morgan6t9
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default who provides good ? Cheap classic car insurance

My 69 is almost done. Time to start looking into insurance.
Old 01-04-2003, 04:33 PM
74FLCONV
Melting Slicks

Default Re: who provides good ? Cheap classic car insurance (Morgan6t9)

This was just discussed less than a month ago. Do a search in archives or current topics for "insurance" and I think you'll find it.

D. Ocean
Miami, FLA
Old 01-04-2003, 04:56 PM
78Vette-SA
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.parishheacock.com

Cheapest with best coverage I could find. Even used the pics off my web site to confirm agreed values.

Old 01-04-2003, 05:21 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Re: who provides good ? Cheap classic car insurance (78Vette-SA)

This is a popular topic, often discussed... why not again? :)
Lots of guys use Hagerty (sp?) and I have heard many good reports about that company. American Collectors covers many also. Leland West is an agency that has an excellent website - let's you get online quotes and compare many different levels of coverage. Important that you get "agreed value" insurance. Otherwise, if you total your $25k vette your insurance company may only pay you what a 69 Chevy is "worth"..... $500? Some tradeoffs.... to qualify for dirt cheap collector car insurance it cant be your daily driver, you need a good driving record, need a locked garage, mileage may be restricted (2500 to 3500 miles per year is common), car cannot be modified from original....etc, etc.... restrictions vary, but it can be the difference between paying $155/yr for a collector policy with some restrictions vs $1500/yr for normal type insurance. :) MJ
Old 01-04-2003, 05:50 PM
phxraptor
Burning Brakes

:) I have American Collectors Insurance Inc. 498 Kings Highway North, Cherry Hill, New Jersey 08002. They are a division of USAA Insurance. Through USAA I would have been paying about $900 every six months for a daily driver. With American Collectors I pay $269 a YEAR. Can not be driven by anyone that has had a drivers license less than 10 years,must be kept at home in a lockable garage,can not be raced,can not be used as a daily driver.mileage is limited to 2500 miles a year. Not bad considering the alternative! ;) :steering: :seeya
Old 01-04-2003, 06:40 PM
Touringpro
Racer

I have Hagerty www.hagerty.com . $272/yr. full coverage, no mileage limits, no deductible, $17K agreed value . The only stipulations are that the car be kept in a locked garage, it can't be driven to work, and at least one other car has to be conventionally insured as a daily driver.

Like MNJack says, whoever you go with it's important to have agreed rather than stated value coverage. With stated value you're pretty much at their mercy if you have a claim; with agreed value, you tell the company what value you put on the vehicle when you buy the policy - and if their underwriters agree - that amount will appear on the declarations page of the policy and it is exactly how much you'll receive if the car is totalled.

Get notified of new replies

To who provides good ? Cheap classic car insurance

Quick Reply: who provides good ? Cheap classic car insurance