C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OEM hood storage.

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2003, 03:42 PM
AlwaysWave
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default OEM hood storage.

I'm going for an aftermarket hood from Ecklers for my 72, and save the original hood. I'm thinking to shape two pieces of wood to match the angles of the nose end and stand it up against my basement wall nose down.

This is probably no big deal, but does anyone think there might be some long term concerns?
Old 01-04-2003, 04:27 PM
Steve Straus
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: OEM hood storage. (AlwaysWave)

I would make a box, line one side with thick foam rubber and store it on its side. I've lost count of how many hoods I've seen with rubbed off corners from the hood getting moved around from time-to-time over the years.
Old 01-04-2003, 06:02 PM
geezer
Instructor

Default Re: OEM hood storage. (AlwaysWave)

When I swapped an L-88 aftermarket hood for the stock LT-1 hood, I hung the LT-1 on the wall like a piece of art. Went to a large hardware store and found some "J" shaped hooks. Bolted one on each side to one of the hinge holes in the hood. Then screwed two eyebolts into the wall to match up with the "J" hooks and hung her up. You are not going to find stud spacing to match, so just screw a piece of plywood as long as the hood is wide and 3"- 4" wide to as many studs as it (the plywood) will cross. Then scew the eyebolts to the plywood. If you want to protect the paint, put the hood in a big bag, tape it shut and push the "J" hooks through.
Old 01-04-2003, 07:00 PM
AlwaysWave
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Re: OEM hood storage. (geezer)

good thinking :cool:

Get notified of new replies

To OEM hood storage.

Quick Reply: OEM hood storage.