C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No airco/heat and no lights on air/heat switches either

Old 01-03-2003, 06:18 PM
DangerDan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No airco/heat and no lights on air/heat switches either

Ive had my vette for 2 yrs now and this is the first major thing ever to happen to the car. The airco/heat stopped working. The lever that increases or decreases the airflow doesnt work and no defrost either.

I am totally a non mechanical person and need someone to give me ideas what could be wrong. Is this major $$$ to have repaired? Could it be a short in the wiring?

I guess unless i have a mechanic tear into the console ill never know but was wondering if anyone else ever had this kind of thing happen before. It just stopped working from one day to the next, then a few times to my surprise it was working fine then it stopped again.

thx in advance!
Old 01-03-2003, 07:47 PM
jerryp58
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: No airco/heat and no lights on air/heat switches either (DangerDan)

"It just stopped working from one day to the next, then a few times to my surprise it was working fine then it stopped again"

Well, that should rule out a bad fuse. Maybe a bad connection at the "fan" switch.

I'm assuming that's what you mean when you say "The airco/heat stopped working" ; that no air blows out of the vents or defroster, YES?

I'm afraid I don't know what "The lever that increases or decreases the airflow " is.

So, it sounds like it could be the blower motor itself, or just the switch. I don't know what the cost would be, but I would think the switch itself would cost more than the labor to replace it and the motor would cost less than the cost to replace it (since it's buried deeper in the dash).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No airco/heat and no lights on air/heat switches either