C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vinyl covered T-TOP

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2003, 06:09 PM
Hershey
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vinyl covered T-TOP

These are not the fold up canvas tops, but actual t-tops covered with vinyl just like any other car with a vinyl top. Did Chevy ever produce these for the Vette? I picked up a set susposedly from a 74. I bought them mainly for the headliners ( mine were warped ). But I set them on my Vette and they didn't look real bad. I know, I'm old and my eyesight is getting bad, but I guess they are growing on me. I guess I would have to peel the vinyl off to see if the t-tops were painted to see if they might be real. My son just got a digital camera so hopefully I can get some pictures soon. At same swap meet I picked up some C-4 seats and have already installed them. Man, they are way more comfortable than the original seats. Hershey :chevy :chevy :chevy
Old 01-03-2003, 07:45 PM
ken markusa
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Vinyl covered T-TOP (Hershey)

That's different :eek: Chevy never made vinyl t-tops but that aside i'm curious to see what they look like, could start a new rage :crazy:
Thanks
Ken :cheers:
Old 01-03-2003, 07:55 PM
killain
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 512 Likes on 312 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23
Oldtimer

I have seen the early roadsters detachable hardtop vinyl covered, but I've never seen a coupes T-tops vinyl covered.
Old 01-03-2003, 08:43 PM
PROSOUTH
Drifting

Location: Manchester, Dead Center in the Middle of TN 25 miles to Jack Daniels,10 miles to Geo Dickle, and .8 mile from the Liquor Store at I-24 Exit 114
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Default Re: Vinyl covered T-TOP (ken markusa)

I sold all of my Glass tops back in the Summer to a Forum Member and then bought a set of Fiberglass tops from another Forum Member.

The other day I orderd convertable top material to cover the Fiberglass Cover for the bed of my El Camino. While I was at it I went ahead and ordered enough to do the Corvette tops too.

We'll see how they look soon. JIM :yesnod:
Old 01-03-2003, 10:22 PM
corvettemaster
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

At same swap meet I picked up some C-4 seats and have already installed them. Man, they are way more comfortable than the original seats. Hershey :chevy :chevy :chevy
While taking pics of the vinyl tops, take a picture of the C4 seats. I bet they look great. I'd like to install a set in mine, but for the price, I'd rather get me a set of hooker sidepipes first. But that's just me. :D

Get notified of new replies

To Vinyl covered T-TOP

Quick Reply: Vinyl covered T-TOP