C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

does this frame seem good?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2003, 12:51 PM
markyerger
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Default does this frame seem good?

Click on the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1875800132

Do you think it is worth it?
Or more of a bucket of bolts? :confused:
Old 01-03-2003, 02:18 PM
MikeC
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: does this frame seem good? (markyerger)

The Frame looks to be in good condition at the engine but you never know at the rear it could be a different story.

Do you need the whole car or just the frame? The car is at $2500 and still has not met reserve. A new Repro frame is only $3500.

I Didn't have the money for a new frame so used was my only choice. The choice I was given was $1600 for complete car or bare frame. I chose the whole car so I could try and make my money back. so far I am just over halfway there with lots of parts left over but my investment in time has been great..... BUT I have learned alot about tearing down the car that I can use when I tear mine down and put it back together.

It is a double edged sword, buying a parts car, It provides you with the opportunity to recoup some money but it takes a lot of time to tear down the car and sell the parts.

If you are using the whole car, its looks alright but I'd find out why it has no front end body work on it.

Quick Reply: does this frame seem good?