C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How come all these tuners don't run specials for Us C3 guys????

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2003, 09:52 PM
0Mike69@ECS
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Default How come all these tuners don't run specials for Us C3 guys????

You know it's been a fun couple of weeks working at ECS... I've already torn down a number of C5's and a few C4's but not a single C3 as of yet (although I did help them back in the summer with a 71 ragtop with air, and a 66 BB coupe)

Chris my allmighty leader :U :lol: is running specials for C5 rears (with are comming in every day!!!), now it's headders for C4's... and now he's kicking off a blower special for C5's.... What no C3 deals???????? :cuss :p:

So I want to do a special for the C3 guys!!!!! :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash:

What do you think it should be??? Tell me and I'll have him work up some pricing this weekend!!!! Let's see what we can come up with....

We are dealers and/or distributers for a number of companies right now including

Spiral Turbo Specialties - Yeah I can sell ya baffles now!!! :cheers:

Corsa... mostly C5 & C4 stuff

Paxton, Vortech and Prochargers... again mostly for the fuel injected croud...

TPIS, SLP, FLP - again late model stuff mostly....

and Nitrous Express.... Hummmmmmm... this could be good.... :D

And of course we could always do a heads and cam package..

We can get some decent pricing on a lot of different stuff through various vendors so tell me what you guys might want... I want to work on some C3's!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Modified by Mike69, 9:55 PM 1/2/2003]
Old 01-02-2003, 09:54 PM
0Mike69@ECS
Former Vendor

Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Default Re: How come all these tuners don't run specials for Us C3 guys???? (Mike69)

Doh!!!!!!!!!!

I was going to add a Head and cam package, and a headder deal in there for you guys to vote on as well as maybe a rear end package or maybe even look into something completely different....

Ohhhh we also do Bear brakes.... Do they make a C3 kit??? I know wildwood and SSBC does!!

Give me some Ideas!!!!!!!!! :smash: :smash: :smash:

[Modified by Mike69, 9:55 PM 1/2/2003]

[Modified by Mike69, 9:58 PM 1/2/2003]
Old 01-02-2003, 10:31 PM
SanDiegoPaul
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: How come all these tuners don't run specials for Us C3 guys???? (Mike69)

If you are a Forum flyer, have a C3, and in the San Diego area I'll give you a HECKUVA deal on work done at THE DYNO SHOP. Visit me at www.thedynoshop.com and shoot the shop an email. We'll make it happen. Just ask for Paul B

CYa! :seeya
Old 01-02-2003, 10:53 PM
Chris@East Coast Supercharging
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Default Re: How come all these tuners don't run specials for Us C3 guys???? (SanDiegoPaul)

Great idea Mike, lets see what everyone wants.. :cheers: :seeya
Old 01-02-2003, 11:06 PM
Corey_68
Team Owner

Received 391 Likes on 237 Posts

Default Re: How come all these tuners don't run specials for Us C3 guys???? (CHRIS NJ C5)

I need JCL's and Nitrous! :lol:
Old 01-02-2003, 11:50 PM
Crash Dummy
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Contributor

Mike...

I don't have a clue what other C-3'ers are looking for, but I am just winging this as I go. It started out as a semi-restoration project replacing interior parts... a nice stereo... upgrading shocks... trying to get the motor running right... and then it all went to hell going off the far end going for alot of horsepower. I look across these boards at the different stages everyone is in and wonder if you can find a package like the C-4's & C-5's can agree on that I could partake in. If you have any connections to good deals on high performance parts(MSD/Crane type ignitions, distributors, etc.) I am interested. A good suspension package for the rearend is needed on my end also. Everything back there needs to be upgraded to make any HP worthwhile.

Old 01-03-2003, 12:00 AM
0Mike69@ECS
Former Vendor

Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Default Re: How come all these tuners don't run specials for Us C3 guys???? (bgrice)

Corey... We could make that happen!!!!!!! :cheers:

Mike...

I don't have a clue what other C-3'ers are looking for, but I am just winging this as I go. It started out as a semi-restoration project replacing interior parts... a nice stereo... upgrading shocks... trying to get the motor running right... and then it all went to hell going off the far end going for alot of horsepower.
:lol: Tell me about it!!!!!! Thats how everything got started for me. Have you seen that Commercial on TV for one of the Credit Card Companys where the guy gets run over by the huge snowball???? Thats me.... This went from a fun relaxing hobby... to a full time job!!!! It's funny how you can get carried away!!!!!

If you have any connections to good deals on high performance parts(MSD/Crane type ignitions, distributors, etc.) I am interested. A good suspension package for the rearend is needed on my end also. Everything back there needs to be upgraded to make any HP worthwhile.
I know we do... I'll have to do some expolring... I have a couple of personal contacts I'll try to stir some stuff up on as well.... You are giving me some good Ideas.....

Ohhhh here's another one.... Cooling... How about a Spall Dual Fans???? Maybe A griffen Rad.......

Maybe I can get something worked out with one or two of the supporting vendors.... Hummmmmm!!!!!!! Good Ideas!!!!!! :cool:
Old 01-03-2003, 01:48 AM
Desertdawg
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '09

Default Re: How come all these tuners don't run specials for Us C3 guys???? (SanDiegoPaul)

If you are a Forum flyer, have a C3, and in the San Diego area I'll give you a HECKUVA deal on work done at THE DYNO SHOP. Visit me at www.thedynoshop.com and shoot the shop an email. We'll make it happen. Just ask for Paul B

CYa! :seeya

This sounds like a cool idea Paul....Maybe if we have a San Diego cruise this summer, we can all come by and see if we can break something in your shop..... :D
Old 01-03-2003, 01:50 AM
CDaniel525
Melting Slicks

Mike, i dont think im going to be doing this anytime within the next year, but if your bored, can you get me a price on a Procharger kit for my 98 Dakota R/T
here is the web site with the info on it when it was released in sept....might help ya find it in the book or something.

AND...im gonna try to get the pipes on this weekend!! :cool:
Old 01-03-2003, 01:56 AM
Stoge
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Borla Mufflers
Old 01-03-2003, 08:38 AM
REDGAR
Team Owner

Cruise-In II & IV Veteran
CI VI Drag Champ!

Sorry Mike I added Heads and cam and it counted as a vote so one Heads and cam vote is mine but I ain't got a c3 sorry.

Old 01-03-2003, 09:19 AM
Tom454
Le Mans Master

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

Default Re: How come all these tuners don't run specials for Us C3 guys???? (REDGAR)

Supercharger kit that includes ALL the parts... including the intercooler and pulleys... retaining all factory options. Both carbureted & fuel injected (e.g.- DFI... Holley). I can get "deep" discounts on the stuff now... but I have to shop at 15 different vendors. PITA.
Old 01-03-2003, 09:27 AM
BB wowbagger
Melting Slicks

Default Re: How come all these tuners don't run specials for Us C3 guys???? (Corey 68)

I need JCL's and Nitrous! :lol:
:iagree:
I need the spirals...Got my sidepipes yesterday.. :cheers: :cheers:

Then it would be nice with a 600+ nitrous shot,for a while anyway :jester :cheers: :cheers:
Old 01-03-2003, 09:29 AM
74Coupe
Racer

Ignition - MSD 6AL, Crane HI-6, or something similiar would be nice. Everybody could benefit from this.
Old 01-03-2003, 09:44 AM
DaddyO
Racer

Flowmasters
Old 01-03-2003, 09:49 AM
Sigforty
Le Mans Master

Received 275 Likes on 232 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

I would be down for an ignition set up. I want to get a MSD tach drive distributor and a digital 6 box within the next three months or so.

Mark B.
Old 01-03-2003, 11:53 AM
PatsLs1vette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: How come all these tuners don't run specials for Us C3 guys???? (Sigforty)

Mike, How about a dyno special,maybe like 3 runs for a certain amount.What do they get for normal dyno time now.

Get notified of new replies

To How come all these tuners don't run specials for Us C3 guys????

Old 01-03-2003, 01:28 PM
CDaniel525
Melting Slicks

Default Re: How come all these tuners don't run specials for Us C3 guys???? (patsnitrovette)

Mike, How about a dyno special,maybe like 3 runs for a certain amount.What do they get for normal dyno time now.
:iagree:
Old 01-03-2003, 02:02 PM
Maurice
Safety Car

If I said it once, I have said it about 5 times :).... The first company to come up with a 3" exhaust is gonna make a mint. Make a complete set including headers for either big block or small block and you have yourself a winner.
Old 01-03-2003, 02:14 PM
SmokedTires
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05

Mike I know there are a lot of people interested in the ultra lite gauges :rolleyes: ;)

Congrats on your new job, nice to have someone pulling for us now :cheers:

Quick Reply: How come all these tuners don't run specials for Us C3 guys????