C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A post in advance for HCDave1... ignition cylinder stuck

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2003, 03:55 AM
Shark Racer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 241 Likes on 200 Posts

Default A post in advance for HCDave1... ignition cylinder stuck

Dave has the same thing going on with his ignition lock cylinder, I can pull the key out at any point, and as long as it's not locked, can turn the car on and off without the key. I taught him how to lock it over the phone, but now that it's twisted all the way back to lock, it won't go forward with the key. I'm thinking maybe the old ignition key is just worn down and not working properly, but could be something else. Any advice, guys?

I told him to shake the wheel as he twists, mess with the lock switch and all that to no avail.

-Steve (who is aware of punctuation i think but am not sure,,)
Old 01-02-2003, 06:08 AM
Larry B.
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: A post in advance for HCDave1... ignition cylinder stuck (Pacin'California)

When I had a similar problem I was ready to change the whole assembly and wanted to have the new cylinder keyed for my original (which looked good to me) The locksmith took one look at the key and said it was bad. I had another key that looked the same. Anyway The locksmith made a new key from the code that he thought my old key was. Perfect! All of the locks work easy and free. BUT .... A new key made by copy cutters won't work. It needs to be made from the tumbler codes. A good locksmith may save you a lot of work and money not to mention saving you car from being stolen.
Old 01-02-2003, 06:11 AM
HcDave1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: A post in advance for HCDave1... ignition cylinder stuck

im thinking just buying a new ignition lock with a key with it.... 20buck with someone to install fee.... but right now im thinking thats the way to go..... problem is NO MONEY but i will try a key cuz im hoping mine is just bad but im still going to need to replace the ignition asap tho

thanks
Old 01-02-2003, 06:19 PM
HcDave1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: A post in advance for HCDave1... ignition cylinder stuck

all better now its just old and worn down i had to jam the key in hard but i got it to turn over and while i was fixing stuff i fixed my horn lol.... still need to buy a new ignition soon tho but at least i got it running again woohoo

Get notified of new replies

To A post in advance for HCDave1... ignition cylinder stuck

Quick Reply: A post in advance for HCDave1... ignition cylinder stuck