C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling Michael Bonomo aka DEP

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2003, 05:34 PM
PROSOUTH
Drifting

Location: Manchester, Dead Center in the Middle of TN 25 miles to Jack Daniels,10 miles to Geo Dickle, and .8 mile from the Liquor Store at I-24 Exit 114
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Default Calling Michael Bonomo aka DEP

Who do I speak to to have a thread I created eliminated? HELP FORUM

The thread is
"The 302...what crate engines fans WISH their motors would run like"
It's in the C3 forum. I would like to have it removed. Too many personal attacks and people are taking things way to seriously.
Thanks
Dep

DEP / Michael, I happened to see this post in the HELP FORUM and want to thank you for taking this action. The POST mentioned was going downhill and fast.

We have all had our little disagreements and establishment of territories of late, and I hope we can put all of this behind us. It is a now a New Year and a fresh start for us all. Let’s start a new year out on a different foot. I believe that we can all have a good working relationship between us.

The people on this Forum are really a good bunch. I have been treated very well since I came here in early 2002. I have had support in every question I asked and if I made a statement that was incorrect it was pointed out only with kindness.

I am asking you to participate along with the rest of us in another year of Corvetteforum.com. /C-3. I know that you are a very intelligent man and have much knowledge to offer, if you will only come to the realization that being aggressive or taunting is not necessary here. I believe it only breeds contempt and that does not make the subject interesting but only creates bad feelings among us.

I believe that if you will attempt to interact with the other members on the Forum with a rational and sensible approach you will see just how enjoyable and enlightening life can be here at the Forum.

Come on Michael , it’s time to hang up our Guns……………………………..JIM

What about it Guys? :yesnod:
Old 01-01-2003, 06:00 PM
SuperFast80
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Calling Michael Bonomo aka DEP (PROSOUTH)

Well, I'm in if Jim is in. :yesnod:
Old 01-01-2003, 06:37 PM
Chuck Harmon
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

DEP / Michael, I happened to see this post in the HELP FORUM and want to thank you for taking this action. The POST mentioned was going downhill and fast...

I know that you are a very intelligent man and have much knowledge to offer ...
Prosouth, Very nice touch, but aren't you pushing it a little bit about the intelligent stuff? :jester

Uh, oh, I better behave. Dep knows where I live :D

Chuck
Old 01-01-2003, 07:08 PM
67HEAVEN
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: Calling Michael Bonomo aka DEP (Chuck Harmon)

:D
Old 01-01-2003, 07:25 PM
Les
Race Director

Received 961 Likes on 571 Posts

DEP / Michael, I happened to see this post in the HELP FORUM and want to thank you for taking this action. The POST mentioned was going downhill and fast...

I know that you are a very intelligent man and have much knowledge to offer ...

Prosouth, Very nice touch, but aren't you pushing it a little bit about the intelligent stuff? :jester

Uh, oh, I better behave. Dep knows where I live :D

Chuck
Chuck,
You never miss an opportunity to stir the coals, do you? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 01-01-2003, 07:40 PM
PROSOUTH
Drifting

Location: Manchester, Dead Center in the Middle of TN 25 miles to Jack Daniels,10 miles to Geo Dickle, and .8 mile from the Liquor Store at I-24 Exit 114
St. Jude Donor '05

Default Re: Calling Michael Bonomo aka DEP (67HEAVEN)

'67 is the HUGS for me or DEP? I knew you had a soft spot......... :yesnod:

Com'n Guys, I just trying to use my Negotiation / Arrbitration Skills I learned during Inservice Training as a County Peace Officer of the Great State of Tennessee.

You don't want to see the Nasty Ones I learned do you? :yesnod: JIM
Old 01-01-2003, 09:41 PM
Chuck Harmon
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Calling Michael Bonomo aka DEP (Les)

Les,

Is it good to know that you are not the only one I like to pick on? Still, I have to be careful not to push Dep too far. Guys like Michael probably have friends in both High and Low places. If I am one of his friends, it scares me to think where that puts me!

Chuck :steering:
Old 01-02-2003, 09:01 AM
68shark
Burning Brakes

Agree with Prosouth....it's a shame to see debate go too far, as it did here. Hope there are no hard feelings! Let's get on with the New Year....and do as our long departed (from the forum) friend 73-454 (aka George) would wish.....that being to spend our time trying to fix up our rotten, leaking, broken, rusty, POS, old C3's! All the best to Dep and the rest of you in the New Year! :cheers:
Old 01-02-2003, 02:49 PM
DJ Dep
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '05-'07

Okay PROSOUTH...I KNOW you do a daily search for my posts ;)
It's nice to know I have fans :D

Yes...I asked the mod to shut it down. It just wasn't going where I hoped it would go, and I thought freezing it or even deleting it would be best. You will notice that I am posting less and less on the forum. The only thread I am really following is MoMo's, with the fervant hope they WILL create another area for Performance and Modifications. I don't know about everyone else, but I am tired of trying to sort through all the same ol' stuff trying to find ONE interesting topic that is even remotely interesting. Heck...the best part of my 302 thread WAS the back and forth we had...hostile or not. At least it got guys to thinking. How many other posts on the board have you been to where it stirred up so much feedback???

BTW...you can imagine my torture with the thread "383 owners...check in"...

First I was gonna post "Plymouth Roadrunner 383/335 horsepower checking in...BEEP BEEP" :D

Then I actually looked at the thread and was amused to see that of the number of 383 owners that checked in...

#1 only TWO posted their 1/4 times as requested by the creator of the thread. Maybe nobody lives close to a dragstrip...I dunno.

#2 the times posted were NOT all that spectacular. Certainly not to the point where you would get a "holy crap" reaction. Mid to high 12s is not exactly something to write home to the Little Old Lady from Pasadena about. Perhaps those are the times that the owners were looking for. But they'd best be warned that there are 302 Mustangs with nowhere near the amount of cash they have invested in those 383s that can eat them up and spit them out.
Okay...I seem to be stirring the pot again...I'll stop.

If the C3 forum continues on with the "does this color look good on my '75" and "will a chrome air cleaner boost my engine by 6HP"...then I'll have to migrate over to the C5 Tech/Performance section. Or maybe to the General Corvette Topics/Drag Racing section. But that is pretty much dominated by C5s too.

As to my 302 thread...I bear no ill will towards anyone who posted there. I am actually glad people spent the considerable amount of time to write replies. As to the way I post and how I reply on the boards..well..."you can't teach an old dog new tricks, you can only keep him locked in a room so he doesn't pee all over the place".

I'll just stay locked away :)

Dep

[Modified by Dep, 1:51 PM 1/2/2003]
Old 01-02-2003, 05:08 PM
PROSOUTH
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '05

Default Re: Calling Michael Bonomo aka DEP (Dep)

DEP, I don't think what was asked of you was all that hard. Just be a little bit civil.

I hold no ill will against you and really never have. But I personally don't care to have to deal with attitude anymore. I listened to it to long as an Officer to have to listen to it where I am trying to enjoy myself.

I was offered an Investigators job if I would come back the S.O. but so far I have declined. I've been doing the job anyway, just didn't have the title. Only difference is the suit. Same ol' crap I'm tired of it.

I had to offer this plea for you to come back and everyone start over at least. It's the way men do things around here. I didn't say I would agree with you, but meet you halfway at least.

. As to the way I post and how I reply on the boards..well..."you can't teach an old dog new tricks, you can only keep him locked in a room so he doesn't pee all over the place".

I'll just stay locked away

I know, I couldn't teach you to sing either :lol:

Have a good one Mikee, see ya later. JIM

[Modified by PROSOUTH, 4:10 PM 1/2/2003]
Old 01-02-2003, 05:15 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

I have to agree with Dep about us needing a C3 Performance Community, It seems that the other performance/engine mods community deals more with C4's and C5's which is understandable given that there are likely many more of these vettes around and wanting to be modded but this is just one C3 owners HO.
Old 01-02-2003, 05:56 PM
'79ProwlerOrange
Safety Car

Default Re: Calling Michael Bonomo aka DEP (gdh)

I agree. we need a C3 performance area, but i think dep like to have a little fun at the expense of others. which is often pretty funny, but it not fun for the expensed. plus we have all noticed dep is very stubborn. and why shouldnt he be? he has enough experience, anbd he is not going to let a bunch of people on the internet change his opinion. even if they are right. but its just because his experience teaches him a diffrent view. im not defeneding dep because i know he can be an A-hole sometimes, but i believe he has knowledge to share, and i want to learn every view. check out StingrayRacing's ride. 383 500+hp mid 11s. not bad for a N/A car. throw some No2 or charge it and you have a very impressive mouse. :cheers:
Old 01-03-2003, 12:32 AM
tshort
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 7-8 Veteran

Dep, I like learning new things, especially when it comes to car stuff. I love Vettes, they are by far my favorite car, but I just love cars in general. So learning about the 302 was very interesting for me. I'll admit though, I do wish that people would speak in forums/chatrooms/etc. with the same respect that they would speak to others in person. That is something I don't feel comes through in your posts about the 302/383 affair you have. You went well beyond just "informing" us of something else out there. Anywho...I went with the 383 because it was a good compromise between small block price and easability (not doing a BB swap in a SB car) and the added torque and power of a big block. I've never personally driven a 302, and I'm sure they are fun motors, but are not really my cup of tee. Something about having to rev so high to get the power out is too much like a ricer. And from the sounds of it is most practical at the track and not on the street.

OK, getting to my point, you said "302 Mustangs with nowhere near the amount of cash they have invested in those 383s that can eat them up and spit them out."
.....REALLY?!?! :skep: :rolleyes: :skep:
If this is true then you are saying that you can build a complete, new 302 (that will last just as well as a well built 383) for under $3K and outperform it? I am extremely doubtful but please prove me wrong. Cause I'm the type that would love pulling up to someone at the strip and beating a big block car or Z06 in a sub 350cu-in motor.
Old 01-03-2003, 01:41 AM
Oldguard 7
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Hello DEP, I see you too had to close down a topic. Seems we are in unique company as I had to close down my topic about old vette prices being too high. Everyone has their expressed opinion about certain things. This is the best part about the forum the debating and going back and forth about certain issues...THE FREEDOM OF SPEECH. By your leaving this forum you are letting the thin skinned induviduals off the hook and we as a whole lose someones knowledge and experience on certain areas in the engine performance area of discussion. If this sounds like Im kissing your butt believe me Im not, Im speaking objectively. But if you feel in your mind and heart that it will do the forum good by leaving then by all means do so. But before you go with your tail between your legs keep this saying in mind. THOSE WHO THINK THEY KNOW EVERYTHING ARE ANNOYING TO THOSE WHO DO.

Get notified of new replies

To Calling Michael Bonomo aka DEP

Quick Reply: Calling Michael Bonomo aka DEP