C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking For Some Crazies who are Driving their Midyears Or Sharks To BG

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2003, 03:47 PM
Viet Nam Vett
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 259 Likes on 183 Posts
2015 C2 of Year
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10, '14-'15

Default Looking For Some Crazies who are Driving their Midyears Or Sharks To BG

Well I'm getting the C2 ready for the 50th trip to BG and would like to hook up wth a Caravan or a bunch of crazies who are also "DRIVING" there C1's or C2's to BG.
I belong to the 63-67 Corvette Registry but haven't found any Registry guys in this area who are going.

I would like to leave June 23rd or 24th for BG. My room reervation starts on the 24th of June. I will be staying in BG but would like to travel with a caravan for peace of mind.

I live in the Atlantic City New Jersey Area and could travel to meet a forming or in route Caravan. Any one who could offer me a slot please let me know. If you have reservations for rooms along the route I am interested.

My contact info is listed below.

Mark Richman...Thanks

emai mrkrichman@comcast.net ..................Home
email buzz65@earthlink.net ..........Personel @ work
Old 01-01-2003, 04:56 PM
mapman
Melting Slicks

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts

Default Re: Looking For Some Crazies who are Driving their Midyears Or Sharks To BG (Viet Nam Vett)

Viet Nam Vett,

I plan to drive my 1980 from Wichita to Seattle and join the North West Caravan when it leave there. It will be interesting to see what the distribution of C1/C2/C3/C4/C5 models is for folks driving to BG.

Have you already signed up with one of the caravans that will come from the east? The Captains of those caravans might know of other C2/C3 cars.

Should be a fine time.

Old 01-01-2003, 05:08 PM
Viet Nam Vett
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

2015 C2 of Year

Default Re: Looking For Some Crazies who are Driving their Midyears Or Sharks To BG (mapman)

Quote*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you already signed up with one of the caravans that will come from the east? The Captains of those caravans might know of other C2/C3 cars.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heh Mapman,
No I haven't checked yet with any Caravan Captain's. I do understand that their are some I could hook up with, but thought I could find a few local or near local crazies who have planed a seperate caravan with more C2 and C3's

If I get stuck in a 60 -100 car Caravan with a bunch of C4's or C5's running at 100 + MPH it will cost me 10 Million in gas not to mention leaving parts all over the road or an engine rebuild at the end of the trip..

:lol:
Old 01-01-2003, 05:30 PM
mapman
Melting Slicks

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts

Default Re: Looking For Some Crazies who are Driving their Midyears Or Sharks To BG (Viet Nam Vett)

... If I get stuck in a 60 -100 car Caravan with a bunch of C4's or C5's running at 100 + MPH it will cost me 10 Million in gas not to mention ...
:lol:

I always APPRECIATE those really fast guys. REAL FAST seems like a great way for the other guy to meet State Patrol Officers. :blueangel:

Look at it this way: a 100 car caravan at 100+ mph will just about solve any state's budget crisis. :lol:
Old 01-01-2003, 07:16 PM
Viet Nam Vett
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

2015 C2 of Year

Default Re: Looking For Some Crazies who are Driving their Midyears Or Sharks To BG (mapman)

Quote*
Look at it this way: a 100 car caravan at 100+ mph will just about solve any state's budget crisis.

Yep, Have to agree there. I like to blip my go pedal every now and then for a short trip to 100 Mph but that's about it. When driving a Mid year which has the aerodynamics of a "BRICK", It's not like you want to keep on rocken at that speed.

I do know that some of of the Midyear boys here who I have had a few drinks with at Carisle over dinner do have the power and have gone much faster then that. Of course. I won't mention any names for fear of not having them by me any more drinks.

When I cruz the 65 I just enjoy laying back at the speed limt or 5mph or so more. And the accasional bust when passing cars and maybe holding the speed up for a few seconds longer.

We all have our own ways of driving our cars...which ever way makes you wet your pants is what it's all about. Just remember, if it's stock and not modified for racing, your driving a Brick on wheels.......... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Get notified of new replies

To Looking For Some Crazies who are Driving their Midyears Or Sharks To BG

Quick Reply: Looking For Some Crazies who are Driving their Midyears Or Sharks To BG