C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New member with questions

Old 01-01-2003, 02:26 PM
Bosch79
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member with questions

Hello,
I am new to this forum although I have been reading posts for awhile. I bought my first Corvette (1979 white L-82) about six months ago because I have always wanted one. I have never really worked on cars, so my knowledge base is quite limited, although I have some mechanical experience from my two years of being in charge of auxiliary mechanical systems on a Navy destroyer. My questions are (for now):
1. My t-top roof is leaking on the drivers side where the vertical plastic molding joins with the top horizontial plastic molding. I have checked the weatherstripping on the top and it seems to be holding well (water beads up where the weatherstripping is when I remove the tops after it rains). Please tell me if there are other places that I should be checking.
2. My hood didn't come with the L-82 emblems on it. I know the car is an L-82 from the vin. Did all L-82's have these emblems? If so, where exactly do I put them?

I have already learned a ton about Corvettes from reading previous posts, and I appreciate the helpful nature of everyone on these boards.
Thanks,
Brendan

(Pic to follow when I get done detailing the car)
Old 01-01-2003, 02:45 PM
Crash Dummy
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Contributor
Default Re: New member with questions (Bosch79)

Can't help you with the T-tops as I have a vert. But, my catalogs show that 75-79 L-82's did have the emblem on the hood. In '80 it switched to the side of the car. Here's a link that might help you with the placement.
http://www.l-82.com/79.htm
Old 01-01-2003, 05:11 PM
mapman
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

Default Re: New member with questions (Bosch79)

Bosch79,

Often difficult to tell as the water might travel from the source of the actual problem. I am going to have to have my windshield frame repaired because of rust - hopefully that is not the source of your problem.

There is a book, "Water Leaks and Wind Noise" by Michael Davis that gives diagnostic and repair procedures. Several of the Forum Vendors probably carry the book (Eckler's does).

Get notified of new replies

To New member with questions

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New member with questions